07- Aelin

I sit in my room. It has been ten years since that night. I haven't seen Cassian or Azriel or Mor in ten years. They all spilt and left. Apparently they had to take care of the night court. I know they blame me for not saving rhys. They should. Its my fault. I only see amren when she comes to make sure i am not dead. This is not how i planned for it to go. I am twenty six and fully grown fae. I have no family any more. I have no one.

I drag my ass downstairs for the first time today. It is almost dusk but i don't care. My job is to protect velaris. I haven't been in my Fae form in ten years. I don't know if Amaratha took anything or put anything there. I am to scared to look. I go downstairs and go to the kitchen. I need to eat. I look around and see some dry bread. I pick up a piece and walk back upstairs. It takes so much energy to do such simple things.

When i make it back to my room i see cassian sitting at my desk. I stop and stare at him.

"Get out" i growl. His head snaps up and he looks at me.

"Ae i am so sorry for being gone but i am back now and Az and Mor will be back soon aswell we are coming back i promise" he says pleading in his eyes.

"Get out" i repeat.

"Please Ae. it was wrong to leave and i know you blame yourself for what happened but we don't we want to be a family again" he says

"RHYS IS GONE BECAUSE OF ME. A CENTURY MIGHT NOT BE LONG FOR YOU FAE BUT FOR ME IS IS ALMOST A THIRD OF MY LIFE" i scream

"Ae please i am so sorry" he says.

"Fine Cassian. If you won't leave then i will" i say. I grab my coat and walk out the door.
"Ae wait" he calls.

I become unhinged. I subconsciously shift into my Fae form. Eyes spilling fire. "MY NAME IS AELIN" i scream " YOU LOST ALL RIGHT TO CALL ME AE WHEN YOU LEFT A SIXTEEN YEAR OLD ALONE"

Pain shoots through me, my magic spilling over the walls of my well of power. I scream. There is something in my magic. Amarantha put something there. I fall to the floor and scream.
"Aelin whats wrong?" aska cassian.

I scream. I dive into my magic. Searching into what Amaratha put there. I feel myself light on fire. I find what it is. I pull it to the surface. The pain stops as i realise what it is. Rhys's magic. I freeze. I can save him. I run out the door. Cassian catches me and i thrash in his arms.
"I HAVE TO SAVE HIM!" i yell. "WE HAVE TO SAVE OUR BROTHER"

He holds me still as i thrash. I light his ass on fire and run out the door. The only problem i have is that i don't klnow where amaranth is. I run out of velaris and turn to see the illusion return around the city. I will be back. I promise myself. And i will have rhys with me. I run into the forest. I winnow to the wall. I will start in the spring court and make my way up to the top i will leave no stone unturned.

I look at the wall. What if he is on the other side? No it is most likely that they re in pyrithian. I look around and snarl at the court. The spring court is the reason this is all happeinging. But here they are. Without a scratch.

I start searching. I will find my brother and pring him home. I promise myself. I start walking.