Chapter 43 - Draco's Task

12th of August, 1996 - 07:23
—————

I watched in the shadows as Lucius Malfoy stood there, looking over again at Tom I seen him cast an eye into the shadows. I noticed something moving near Lucius and I tilted my head, so there was the boy himself.

Draco Lucius Malfoy, the Malfoy heir and my childhood bully. He looked so scared, shrinking back in the dark lord's presence. As a prestigious pureblood he was required to act otherwise. I felt my eyes gleam in euphoria, I had total control over his weak, whining self.

Deciding I had had enough of hiding in the shadows, I skipped out looking gleeful. I watched as Lucius' face paled as he saw me, this must have been the result of the latest inner circle meeting... (not that you know about it). The younger Malfoy looked at me incredulously and I gave him a smirk that promised death if he so much even looked at me wrong. Tom who I could see was frenzied in the way he looked at me. He leaned over and gave me a chaste kiss on the lips before turning and continuing his conversation with Lucius, who's face was unnaturally pale. Draco on the other hand had a see able green hue to his face, he looked sickly and I wanted to cackle with exuberance.

After a while of standing there listening to the conversation Tom addressed me;

Tom - "Harry, be a dear and go and find Barty, I need him for a job."
Harry - "Of course, my Lord."

I walked away to find Barty who would undoubtedly be in try the library or the potions room. I ultimately chose the library as that was were you would always find a Ravenclaw that was obsessed with learning. By the time I had found Barty I had calmed down again. The fear on the younger Malfoy's face was amazing to see. Was this what it felt like to be in power? Who knows?

~354
—————
(For all who haven't realised Harry has a bit of a split personality. Azkaban had really done a number on him.)