CHAPTER SEVEN

Krist tiredly drops his body onto his bed. His knuckles are starting to hurt and his lips feels like it swelling. His sides hurts too, he thought he broke his ribs. But he is worried about Singto and his friends.

Will they be okay after the heated argument a while ago?

Krist heard 3 consecutive knocks on his door, he groaned.
“Who could that be? I’m so tired to get up”
“It’s me” Krist immediately sits down.

He clearly heard Singto’s voice. He drags his battered body to the door and opens it.
Singto is really there, standing outside his door carrying a small first aid kit. Krist gawks at the man.

“Can I come in?”
“Uhh y-yes” He moves aside to let Singto in. Before going further to Krist’s room, Singto turns on the additional lighting which Krist thought unnecessary.

He instructed him to sit on his bed but the latter sits on the carpeted floor instead, Krist follows.
“I can do that myself Phi”
“Let me” Singto started with his bruised knuckles, Krist hissed in pain. His nurse is not gentle at all.

“Bear with it, this would be fast” It would really help if you put it a little gently. Krist do not dare to say that, he cannot be greedy at his state. But sensing his pained expression Singto carefully put on the ointment after disinfecting the bruised.

“Is this your first?” Krist looks up. He is meet with singto’s questioning gaze. He looks away feeling embarrassed with his reality.

“It’s okay, it will not make you any less of a man if you never been in a fight before” He gently puts the band aid to Krist’s knuckles. He turns to Krist’s lips. Krist blushes with the attention of the other to his lips.

Why I’m being overly conscious all of a sudden?

Again he winces when the disinfectant is put.
Singto noticing this blew on his wound. Krist holds his breathe. He thought he is going to be kissed.

“It’s done, breathe” Krist grasp for air, he even choke. Krist way to embarrassed yourself. Singto gathered the use articles and looks around the room.

“Your room smells like strawberry” he looks back to Krist who blushes again.
“You smelled like strawberry too” Krist is muted, he looks up under long lashes to assess the man’s look, if he is teasing but there is a small smile on his face.

“What? You got a problem with that?” Krist tries to glare but to Singto, Krist looks cute than scary right now.
“I like it” Krist is taken aback with the reply, again he felt shy. But he feels happy. He beams to Singto finding the simple statement really pleasant.

Singto smiles back. Krist felt his heart beat going wild. Did the fight wound me internally?
The pink cloud that surrounded the two quickly vanish when singto’s phone pings indicating a message. Upon seeing the sender Singto is back to his normal self.

“Put this and have some rest” Singto left soothing pads and quickly left. Krist is still wondering if the exchange a while ago was just his imagination. When he sees that Singto is gone, he lies on his bed replying the smile Singto gave. The expensive smile.

Krist felt good even though he’s battered and bruised. With tired soul but happy heart he let sleep in not bothered by the blinding lights in his room.

------

Singto seated himself across his father, Mae preng serves them both coffees, and with a teaspoon she is about to taste the coffee for Singto but Singto dismissed her. She leaves the father and son.

“I told you to stop doing this” He says staring at his father
“I know, but this is for your protection” Frustration is evident in his voice.
“I can handle myself, and how do you know that they can be trusted?”