CHAPTER ONE

Krist

I got up early to prepare breakfast for us. I do not see any workers in this house so I assume that they do not have a cook here. I made a simple breakfast paired with black Americano for the both of them.

I just grab an orange juice for mine, because they ran out of tea and the only one left is a whole year supply of black Americano and I cannot drink such bitterness.

I noticed P’sing, I look up and was surprise that he wasn’t ready for school. He is wearing his sweat pants without a top. The man has an eight pack abs? what the---  how can someone be so hot and handsome while a commoner like me look like some fresh potato from the soil in the morning.

“Sing put on a shirt, did you forgot we now have Krist here?” I was startled by Por coming down dress in suit.

Although I was still shy to call him that at the same time it feels natural in a way. I look back at P’sing and he was just staring at me. He has this neutral expression once again. Then, he made a move to sit beside his father.

“Krist did you made all of this?, thank you son”
I just smiled “It’s the least that I could do”

“No need, please be comfortable with us son” I nodded. “ And singto please be considerate with Krist it’s rude to stay shirtless”

“I’m lazy” He said with a hoarse voice, is that how his voice sounded in the morning?

“Lazy for what?” I ignored them especially the shirtless man in front of me.

“Why?” I heard him say with the same voice, I look up from spreading jam on my toasted bread. He was referring to the orange juice I’m having. I knitted my brows to his question. Why what?

“Son why are you having an orange juice in the morning, don’t you like coffee?” Por elaborated the question when he sees that I was confused with his one-word son.

“Ohh I cannot drink coffee, it’s really bitter” I said half embarrassed.

“How about tea?”
“There weren’t any tea bags left, but it’s okay, this one is fine”

“I will ask Davis to tell mae preng to do some groceries” Por told me, he hurriedly drank his coffee and said goodbye before leaving for work. I wanted to ask if who are those people but, maybe they are workers here.

I was left with a quite Singto eating his sandwich.  “Have you read my letters?”

As usual he did not show any emotions, like he doesn’t have anything to do with it.

“haven’t” seriously? One-word again? Are words that expensive? I want to lash out but I held myself, it just the second day of our meeting. Let’s be good. I exhaled.

“P’sing? What happened all this years with you and your por? Por told me that it was just recently that he got ahold of the two of you, and because your por feels guilty and wanted to do something for his friend he offered his house when he heard that I’m graduating soon.

There was no news for 10 years? How is that possible? You did--- achh” My question was put to a stop when he shoved the sandwich he’s eating into my mouth.

“So noisy. Ask por” He then got up and walks upstairs. I was stunned. Did he just do that to me? That asshole is really getting on my nerves.

The fact that he is always looking so uninterested or bored irritates me and the one-word he used to reply is really annoying. It made me feel like I wasn’t worth the time. Let’s see how long you could keep that act on me.  You are really challenging me Khun Singto.