CHAPTER FIVE

Krist

Our Intramurals is fast approaching, so everybody is starting to get busy especially the freshmen, since it is just recently that we have been accepted. Between classes we managed our booth that we came up with.

As for P’sing, he’s still the same but different in a way maybe it’s because I’m finally making a progress. Though, these past few days I can’t hardly find time to spend with him due to his internship in entertainment industry.

But, I still wanted to know about their disappearance, and why he never contacted me. I was not mad. All those years, I successfully made different excuses for him, so I could understand. But now that he’s here, I wanted to know the truth.

However, forcing him to tell me is not something would end good, judging from his reluctance. I know he doesn’t want to talk about it, but he told me to ask his por instead.

So now, I’m carrying two hot mugs of coffee and hot choco to Por’s office. I came back from school because my classes got canceled so I’m free until 2 pm and the booth preparation is not until 1 pm. I was told that por is home today so I figured this is a good timing.

I knock 3 times, and I heard Por’s voice letting me in.
“Sawatdee Khap por” I entered the office. P’sing’s por is doing some work on his laptop with so many stack of paper on his table.

“Krist, sit down son.” I notice that although he is surrounded with work, he does not look stress at all. He flashes me his fatherly smile.

“I made coffee for you Por” I put the coffee beside him as I turn to sit on one of the couch situated inside his office. After thanking me, P’sing’s por goes back to his work while I quietly drink my hot choco.

I contemplated if this is actually a good timing to ask such question. To think that I’m basically an outsider, would it seem like I’m intruding on their private matters?

Although Por and P’sing’s dad are close friends but that doesn’t mean I could just ask him personal things. Maybe they do not want us to know what happened or maybe P’sing’s por already told por about it. Maybe I should ask Por instead.

“Krist? Are you okay?” I was startled by por’s voice.
“Huh? Ahh.. yes I’m okay” I flashed him an awkward smile. He leans on his swivel chair and clasps his hands together with a smile he ask me “Do you have something to ask?”

“Ahm it’s not important. I’m sorry for disturbing you Por, I’ll let you work now” I was about to get up. When P’sing’s por stand up with his mug and walks towards where I am.

“Please sit son, I could use a break” Then, he seated himself on the single couch beside me. I put my mug back and sit once again, suddenly feeling nervous.

‘Ahm, I was just curious but if it’s not something meant to be shared with an outsider then---“

“Krist stop treating yourself as if you’re not family. I owe a lot to your father, we’ve been friends since highschool. You are like a son to me.”

I smiled sincerely at that, somehow it washes away the nervousness I’m feeling.
“Thank you por. I just want to know why you did not contact us for the last 10 years. What happened por?”

“So Jack did not tell you anything about it?”

“Ahm, everything happened so fast. With school fast approaching, I need to suddenly come here. And I think that, it is not something we could talk about on the phone”

“It’s okay, I’ll tell you” He leans back and sit comfortably.

“I think you know already that me and singto’s mae have eloped because my family do not approve of her. So we settled at her hometown away from mine. There, I found out that your father also got married and is staying there too.