"Everything OK?" I ask, my gaze meeting his frown in the mirror, coupled with frantic unnecessarily hard brushing.

"I don't know," says Kellen rinsing and spitting. "He wouldn't say what it's about, only that it is essential that I attend in person. He's sending Brody to pick me up." Right on cue, there is a knock on the apartment door. From the bathroom mirror, I watch Kellen answer it and in step Brody and Jones. Jones' expression is as usual unreadable, Brody's however is marred with worry lines.

"Apologies for the interruption, your Highness. Ma'am." Says Brody, his gaze meeting mine in the mirror as he bows respectfully.

I check the time, 10.15 – Anya will be here shortly.

"Not at all. I also have an appointment to keep." I turn, smiling and joining them in the lounge, unfazed by my attire of sweats and a vest. Instead of feeling conscious that my attire wasn't at all professional, I embraced it with confidence. Spending time with Kellen taught me to embrace myself, instead of burying her away and relying on my image to hide the rest. As Kellen had put it one night when we'd been discussing our insecurities, 'You are a badass leader, regardless of what you wear. It's in your presence, not your attire'.

"Ma'am, before we leave the King has requested that while Prince Kellen is absent, Jones remain here with you."

"Why?" I ask, eyes narrowed looking between Kellen, Brody and Jones. Judging from the confusion tickling our bond, Kellen is equally as clueless about the measure as I am.

"Given your recent confinement, the King thought it best the Prince be reassured of your safety while he is absent."

"Brody, Dad should've discussed that with us first. Ana is perfectly capable of looking after herself." Growls Kellen, irritated by the assumption, running his hand along the back of his neck as he reaches for my hand.

"The King insists" returns Brody firmly.

"Do you mind?" Asks Kellen shyly. "It would make me feel a bit easier but equally if you're not happy about it, I don't expect you to put up with it."

I roll my eyes. "It's fine. Jones and I are basically best friends now. We'll whack out the nail polish and braid each other's hair while I wait for my strong Alpha male to return and protect me." I gasp, desperately clinging on to Kellen's arm. Kellen rolls his eyes, shaking his head and gives me a kiss.

"Ha. Ha." Returns Kellen smirking. Turning to Jones he lightly punches him in the arm. "You'll look lovely Jones."