Chapter 34

Anastasia POV;

Annoyed bordering on angry would be around about what I was feeling right now. It had been just over a week since my meeting with Alpha Almound; he’d asked permission for a few of his pack members to be allowed to attend the school within my territory while refurbishments on his own pack school went ahead and could now not hold as many students due to the half of it being closed. Having permitted the allowance after individually meeting each of the members from his pack that would be the attendants, we’d agreed for his pack members to start on the returning term date. Term had started yesterday and so far, there had been no problems; it seemed to have been a smooth transaction, but I’d assumed peace too soon.

Ten minutes ago I’d received a phone call, first from Mick and then from the Headmistress, to inform me that a problem had arisen; this issue wouldn’t have been a problem had I not already been booked to attend a meeting with Alpha Almound, after which I had been booked to brief our pack Elders and inform them on all the progress that had been made so far. After which I would meet with the Queen and Princess Sophia Ridge-Lance for our progress review. I’d been on my way to my first meeting when I’d received the two phone calls, so cursing under my breath I’d swung my car around and hit the accelerator. If I dealt with this quickly then I could potentially still make the meeting on time.

Pulling into the school, I swerve my Ferrari violently to the side to just miss hitting the curb. Checking my watch, I get out, slamming the car door with annoyance; I had 10minutes before I had to be across town. Mick assessed my attire of a black pencil skirt, tucked in white blouse, black blazer and black ankle boots upon reaching me in the car park, he expression instantly turning apologetic, knowing I probably had to be somewhere important. “This better be important Mick,” I growl as we head hastily in the direction Mick led me. “What happened?” I ask firmly, trying to keep the impatience out of my tone. I couldn’t blame him or anyone else for my exhausting increase in workload since the policy announcement letter; I try to mentally calm my frustration.

“Robby found his mate, Prowess.” He informed, “unfortunately she has a boyfriend and when the boyfriend told Robby to back of his girl, Robby’s wolf lost it; phased and-”

“Attacked him.” I finished, sighing.

“We could’ve handled it but when we realised that the girl and her boyfriend are from Alpha Almound’s pack, we called you. We pulled the boyfriend away before Robby could sink his teeth into him but the boyfriend phased and so did a few of the other wolves from the other pack. Samson, Vince and Brandon all phased as well while Rick tried to reason with them; he managed to persuade them to let us handle it. The boyfriend ran off into the woods at that point. Rick’s trying to talk Robby into calming down but he won’t listen to Rick’s orders; he growls every time someone so much as takes a step near his mate, especially since the other wolves won’t phase back while Robby stays in wolf form near the girl.” Finished Mick hastily as we reached the edge of a massive field where the panicked Headmistress met us.

“Prowess thank you-” She began to gush anxiously; I held my hand up and cut across her.

“Not at all, Headmistress, but if you wouldn’t mind, I have-” I swiftly check my watch, “less than 10minutes until I have to be elsewhere, not including the time it will take me to get there so I’d like to have this quickly resolved.” I state curtly, turning and walking quickly towards the crowd of humans no doubt surrounding the wolves. My temper peaked; all wolves know that humans should not be around when we phased, yet alone crowded around a very volatile situation such as this. I felt my wolf bubble to the top angrily. “However, please accept my sincerest apologies for both the disturbance this has caused and my short-hand approach.” I added, forcing my tone to sound calm.