Chapter 25

Kellen POV;

The meeting with Dad went well; the announcement for the new policy would be made public in three months- all pack leaders would receive the official announcement letters within the next week, which would give them time over the three months to apply funding for pack housing extensions and plan accordingly to the changes that would be required and the documentation that would need to be sorted through.

“It’s incredible; the Prowess is the cause for changing our history and yet she remains a mystery.” Mused Dad.

“Turning into a poet Dad?” I joke half-heartedly, before adding, “It is something to be admired," as I head for the door.

“Yes well, I have my moments… But on a different note, it slipped my mind to ask, how did the guest list assist your search for your mate?” asks Dad looking up from the file he was sat reading at his desk.

“Not much. All the girls with related names I either met on the check or didn’t attend the ball.” I answer tiredly.

“It’s a difficult time but fate will reunite you in the way nature intended. Try to put it out of your mind tonight.” He smiled understandingly. I merely nod and head for my room.

By quarter to six, I was ready; showered, dressed and gelled to a good enough standard to at least show I’d made an effort, even if I wasn’t that excited. Maxim stood with Sophia wrapped protectively in his arms in her mid thigh, tight crystal blue halter neck dress and judging by the look in his eye, he wasn’t going to be letting her go anytime soon. Growing quickly restless, I began to get irritated by the amount of time Bell was taking; did girls really need that long to get ready?!

“Ready.” Grinned Bell cheerfully, from the top of the stair. She looked much older than her actual age of 16 in her mid thigh and fitted emerald green dress.

“About time!” I grumble.

The ride across town in the limo consisted of excited chatter between the girls, with an occasional comment from Maxim, which allowed me to remain silently thoughtful and contribute very little. Arriving at the club to cheers from the crowd of people waiting outside, we were taken around to the back of the club to be let in through the back entrance. Maxim and Sophia  stood chatting to the manager and owner of the club, as we waited for the club to hit its opening time.

The modern layout of the club and its theme of florescent colours worked well in its advantage in making the room feel alive with energy, even though we were the only ones inside. The dance floor was largely spaced with pillars lining, defining and shaping the dance space; the DJ stand stood proudly tucked away behind the protection of the bar, which expanded from one side of the room to the other. To the very back of the club, the V.I.P area could be seen labeled, yet the dark shaded, reflective glass prevented insight into its confines. Upon exploring the inside of the V.I.P area, I understood the distinction of luxury between this room and the other; it was designed to feel calmer but more relaxed and comfortable, as well as having the privilege of a private bar.

 Not only was the club impressive in its size and design, but also the structure of the room deliberately presented private corners, nooks and crannies for those who would be lucky to find someone they had a ‘connection’ with, adding to the point of the club’s name.

The ceremony of opening the club went smoothly and successfully and half an hour into its opening, the club was now an explosive mix of energy; the music pulsed through every beat of your heart, seductively persuading your body into dancing the rhythm. I surprised myself by actually enjoying the atmosphere; despite my being unable to shake off a particularly flirty group girls' who were insistent in hanging onto me, I was able to ignore them… until I felt the change. The effect was instant; my body understood the change before my mind could locate the cause, every nerve of my being and the mind of my wolf pointed in one direction with a yearning and electrical attraction that refused be ignored. My eyes zeroed in, locking themselves in on the sight before me like a dog sinking its teeth into its favourite toy.

Starting from the perfectly fitted heels showcasing the soft tone of legs that could trick any critic of height shamelessly and following them up to the figure accentuating, tight fitted dress with sleeves of material loosely flowing around gentle arms, which no doubt concealed the injury I knew would possibly be found beneath its graceful disguise. My heartbeats quicken without aid from the music; I couldn’t blink as I followed the sleek black mane of curled hair to its source, my body seized by the power of such a sight. “Ana.” I breathed, though the sound was drowned out by the music. Seeming to hear me, my eyes were then arrested by the powerful, cloudy gray eyes I’d been dreaming about as she looked up.

Half hidden-like before- my angle’s skin glowed in the lighting being thrown about the room; a growl erupted from deep within my chest when I noticed the amount of males admiring the beauty of her, but she was mine! All mine. My Ana.

“What’s wrong hawt stuff?” Asked a shrill voice in my ear as she pulled my resistant head towards her. From across the room I heard a similar protective, warning growl but when I finally pulled my head free, my Ana no longer stood where I last saw her. Gripped by the panic that I might’ve imagined my Goddess, I frantically scan the room for a sight of her, my stomach dropping upon not being able to find her.

When suddenly to the side of me I hear my enticing angel’s voice. “Get. Away. From. Him.”

________________________________________________________________________________

Birthday upload for my Mum! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUM! I Love You <3

NEXT UPLOAD! on the 29th! VOTES & COMMENTS please! <3