Chapter 8

Anastasia POV;

The week passed slowly but eventually, Friday arrived; the pack knew of my going to visit my father, yet remained in the dark about me being the Prince’s mate. That information remained only between Rick, Chanel and myself; Chanel had said she thought it could've been me but didn’t want to say anything, as well as that we looked adorable together at the ball. The same order I had given Rick I had given to Chanel also; making sure that neither said anything while I was gone.

Everything I’d take with me was packed and ready; that morning, after checking everything I needed to do was sorted and ready for my departure, I left my office. The pack and their mates were all lined up in front of the house on the drive talking; they all quieted when I stepped out. Making my way down the line, I said goodbye to each of them individually, hugging the mates and joking around with the boys until I made my way to the end of the line where Chanel and Rick stood.

“Keep them in shape as best you can.” I laugh to Rick, hugging both him and Chanel.

“I’ll do my best!” he grinned back; at that point the garage door opened revealing my red Ferrari, crawling out until coming to a firm stop on the drive. Heading over to driver side, Nate stepped out and handed me the keys.

“I washed her yesterday; have a safe trip Ana,” said Nate hugging me before going over to stand in line with Lindsey.

“Thanks Nate, I will don’t worry,” I smiled. “Now boys, we have an awesome reputation as a pack and I want to keep it that way please. Best behavior for the check.” I said eyeing them with a mixed expression between amusement and mock seriousness, as a reply they all saluted me with a “Yes Ma’am!” then burst out laughing. Rolling my eyes as I finished laughing, I shove my bag in the passenger seat before jumping in the drivers seat. Putting the keys in the ignition and turning, the engine purred to life; with a last wave I pulled out onto the street and drove away. 

My family, Mum, Dad, little brother and sister, had moved to the north-south border last year; the fresh air and countryside were to as an aid of helping Dad get better from his illness as well as being located near one of the best hospitals in the south.

When I turned 15years old my father’s illness took an unexpected turn for the worst and it had been made clear by doctors that he wouldn’t be able to continue on as Alpha. At the time I was the only child in the family old enough to take the position, given that my brother and sister had only just been born. Everyone saw how ill my father had become but nobody believed I could, as a female, take the Alpha position. The fact that nobody believed I could do it infuriated me; as a result, the first meeting I was invited to concerning the issue was the day I proved them all wrong…

*Flashback*

Walking down the corridor, I pass my father’s room but upon hearing my name mentioned I paused at the door.

“Alpha sir, I’m not disrespecting your daughter, I am merely expressing the many concerns we all have about her taking charge of your pack. She is after all a female and never before has a female wolf take such a roll, not to mention she is just below the age,” stated a factual voice. His implication ignited my anger consequently awakening my wolf.