Chapter 23, Day with the Kagemori family

We back at it with a longer. Now let's go.

.-.

After a happily end to the day before with Michiru's parents coming to Anima-City as official residents. How couldn't she be happy? However we open the next morning with Shirou waking up rather later than usual. '7:43AM' "Sleeping in... Just a great way to start the day." he said to himself. He got up and got ready for the day.

As he exited his room he heard a knock on the front door of Beast Co-Op. 'Must be her parents.' he thought. He kept walking until he stopped at Michiru's door. He knocked on the door a few times, no answer. He walked in to find a sleeping Tanuki still with a big smile from the night before.

He put his hand on her shoulder and shook lightly. "Hey Michiru, wake up and get ready." he received a groan back. "Your parents are here." That got her to spring her head up from off her pillow. "OH RIGHT!" she got up from her bed. "Thanks for waking me!" she yelled and darted for the bathroom to wash up.

Afterwards Shirou went to the front door and opened it. "It's Shirou, Good morning." Shuri said almost immediately seeing him. "Yeah, Good morning. Would you like to come in while Michiru gets ready? I can make some tea for us as well." he said motioning his arm to the table in the room. "I would like that very much." Shuri continued. "I appreciate the offer for tea, but I can't thank you though." Yusuke said.

The trio made their way to the table, Shirou starting on the tea. "Since Michiru is still getting ready, how was your time in Anima-City so far?" "Well so far we've only been to a few places, different stores for different things, like furniture and food. But so far it's been good. I can see why Michiru would like this place." Yusuke was very enthusiastic about his new hometown. "Speaking of food, the local stuff here has a very strange, but intriguing taste to it." Shuri followed up. "Oh forgive me for the odd food. Most of it was not for Human consumption. The more Human edible only came in once Humans were allowed to live here." Then Shuri and Yusuke stared at Shirou in realization. "Now it makes sense." The couple said in unison.

"Well other than the odd food, the locals themselves seem very nice, especially Mayor Rose. She didn't once yell at how clueless we were around here." Yusuke said. "Hm, That's Mayor Rose for you, she wants nothing but the best for the citizens of Anima-City." Shirou spoke with a chuckle at the end. The tea Shirou was making was now finished, he poured two cups and set one down in front of Shuri. "Thank you." she said gratefully.

She picked up the small cup and brought it to her face. "Hah, This is really sweet. I didn't take you for a sweet tooth." she joked. With a small laugh Shirou followed up. "Not very many do. However I do indulge in my fair share." Yusuke also let out a small laugh. "I can tell you are a man of many mysteries, will you be joining us for the day?" "Yeah, but I won't do much, you deserve the time with Michiru, to make up for the time you've missed her."

"Thank you, Shirou." The couple once again said in unison. Just then Michiru finally came out. "I'm here!" she said while striking the Natsuki Subaru (Re:Zero) pose. Her finger pointed up and her hand on her hip. "Michiru, you haven't changed a bit." Shuri said jokingly. "She did get taller though." Yusuke commented.

"Alright, are you guys ready to go?" Michiru asked a little embarrassed. "Yes we're ready." The group got to the door, Michiru in the lead followed by her parents and after them, Shirou. Outside was pretty warm, not by too much though.

"Right now this way." Michiru said pointing a random direction the rest of the group following.

It took some time but Michiru finally found somewhere that sold many Human goods. "I'm sure Shirou already told you about the merchandise situation in Anima-City." Michiru's parents looked at her in confusion. "That makes things a bit harder. Well as you can see most of the merchandise that's popular is Nazuna that's because she became Anima-City's representative about a year ago." "Oh okay."

As Shuri and Yusuke looked around at the clothes section Shuri noticed a T-shirt with Nazuna's face on it, she moved over and grabbed it. "Yusuke look at this one." she started showing off the shirt to her husband. "Ah, It looks so cute!" he said in excitement. "Michiru why don't you wear this one?"

"Because wearing merchandise isn't really what I do." she said nervously. "Oh, That won't stop me from getting it." Shuri said jokingly. "Uh, Michiru are you sure that you don't want anything?" "No, why do you ask, is something alright?" Michiru started to become worried.

"Well it's just that we haven't been able to so much as even shop together for a while, and well being here with you and Dad really made me feel nostalgic." Shuri admitted. Michiru gave a puzzled look. Shuri sighed. "It's nothing, I guess I was just homesick." This made Michiru finally understand what she meant.

"I like this one." she grabbed a T-shirt with a Ginrou design. Of course it was Nazuna's because not everyone seen Shirou's Silver Wolf form. "Heh, That one suits you well." "Really?" Shuri smiled. "Yes." "Shuri, Michiru! Come look at this one."

"Just like old times?" Shuri asked. "Just like old times." Michiru nodded and continued on.

The group was now done shopping for clothes. They got a Nazuna T-shirt for Shuri, a Ginrou shirt for Michiru, an Anima-City shirt for Yusuke, and another black shirt for Shirou.

Michiru was still leading the way, but they went back to Beast Co-Op. Instead however they went to the building across from that to Nazuna's place to see the rooftop view. Michiru knocked on her door and Nazuna opened it. She looked surprised. "Michiru, what are you doing here? Wait are they!?" "Yeah they are." Nazuna came out of her building completely. "It's so nice to see you again Mr and Mrs. Kagemori." "Yeah, long time no see how have you been?" "Fine! Fine. But what are you guys doing here?" Then she realized. "Oh You guys are living here now!" she nearly shouted.

"Anyway, Nazuna you don't mind showing us the way to the rooftop would you?" Nazuna was confused, which made Michiru just as. "Mayor Rose said you have a great view of the city." she whispered. "Oh oh oh, Well then follow me the rooftop is this way." Nazuna motioned the group.

The group now on the roof of the building was very high up, not as high as Rose's office or Medi-Cen but still high. The wind was blowing slightly from the height, but that didn't distract them from the main part.

Shuri and Yusuke seen nearly the entire city from the point and it was beautiful despite it still being a bit early. "Shuri this view is simply amazing!" Yusuke exclaimed. "Yes it looks so beautiful from this high up." Both of them turned to Michiru. "Thank you for this pleasant experience Michiru, we love you so much." They said together and started hugging her. Michiru was taken back by the sudden action then started thinking. 'I miss being able to do this.' she hugged them back with great force, the it hit her. She was using her Gorilla arms.

Surprised at Michiru's sudden transformation Yusuke and Shuri stood back a bit. "Uh, Michiru care to explain?" Nazuna said. "Oh Right sorry. Mom, Dad after a while of being in Anima-City I discovered that I had the ability to transform parts of my body into different Beastmen. I know it sounds crazy but as you can see I'm not lying." Shuri and Yusuke were still shocked. The they stepped up and went back to hugging her again. "Michiru, we don't care what happened to you." "We just care that you're still our daughter, and we love you so much." This brought a tear to Michiru's eye.

As the group continued hugging, Shirou couldn't help but wonder. 'Could that be a step to Humans and Beastmen getting along? It has to be.' What he was seeing made him smile. Nothing happier than a reunited family.

.-.

Boom another chapter done. I was intended for this chapter to be longer but as you can see it's not. Still I hope you enjoyed the chapter especially with what's been going on these past few days. I'll see you guys in the next chapter.