Chapter 19, Old scars

We back at it. Now let's go.

.-.

After Nazuna left Michiru with Shirou all alone in a fancy restaurant, all Michiru could think about was how people could get the wrong idea and assume that they were a couple. This left Michiru with her blush getting bigger.

Shirou, who didn't hear what Nazuna told Michiru, was still in his state of confusion. However in this state he was suddenly hit by the scent of anxiety a strong one at that. He started sniffing more and the scent led to Michiru.

Not knowing what to really do, he put his hand on her shoulder. "Michiru are you okay?" he asked, she could hear his concern for her. She recomposed herself and spoke. "Yeah, I'm fine. Nazuna just told me a secret." Shirou just got even more confused. "Right." Not wanting to cause any further anxiety for the Tanuki he stopped all questions.

Michiru on the other hand felt a bit of sweat on her forehead so she took action. She took off her jacket and tied it around her waist. Doing this however caused Shirou to see the bite mark on her shoulder, he suddenly remembered that night, as if it hit him like a PTSD memory. Still feeling guilty for those scars Shirou spoke up. "Michiru..." he got her attention, but she seen the look he had on his face. "Hm what's wrong Shirou-san?" she noticed that he was looking at her shoulder then she remembered what happened. "I'm sorry... so sorry." His voice filled with remorse and regret, those same emotions he used when apologizing to the fallen Beastmen in his nightmares.

He clenched his fist with all of those negative emotions. Then he was wondering if Marie was right. Is he really just bottling up all his emotions? How would that effect the relationship between him and Michiru if he bottles them too much?

Upon hearing his voice almost break, and tremble like that nearly made Michiru just as heartbroken. "Shirou-san, if it makes you feel any better. With all of my heart... I forgive you." With those words Shirou felt something, a feeling he hasn't felt for a long time... forgiveness. "I don't care if you did hurt me it was out of your own control. I am and always will be really happy that I met you." Michiru said with her 'Shounen' type voice while a he seen a sparkle in her eyes, she was practically spilling her emotions out, most of them anyway. Shirou was moved by her statement. Even having one single tear leave his eye to roll down his face.

Michiru seeing this vulnerable side to him that she hadn't seen since the festival when she first came to Anima-City, welcomed this side of Shirou. "Heh, It's funny, for being a Beastmen, you're the most Human person I've met." she told him. Shirou heard this and didn't take it as an insult. Instead, he took it in a positive light. He smiled. "Thank you, Michiru."

Just then Nazuna returned to the table, Shirou quickly wiping his tear so she didn't see, so far she didn't suspect anything. "I feel so much better. How'd it go with you guys when I was gone?" Shirou looked away trying to ignore the question, Michiru opened her mouth, but no words seems to come out. Until she suddenly stumbled, and rushed her words out. "E-everything was fine." Giving Nazuna a questioned look. "Okay." This situation was obviously awkward for Michiru.

After some time of waiting that's when the waiter showed up with two trays. "Here you go, we hope you enjoy your meal today." "Thank you." Nazuna and Michiru said in unison. The waiter then left and the three began to eat.

.-.

And another chapter done, thank you always for the continued support I love you all readers. This chapter was inspired by a piece of art by PolinaGribovaart titled 'Scars' where it highlighted Shirou's neck scar, and Michiru's shoulder scars, now with that out of the way, thank you guys so much for 4K reads and this fanfic was actually #1 in the Shirou tag for about a week, and I am very happy that you guys have supported it to this extent. I hope you look forward to the next chapter.