Chapter 16, Dark clouds, a cold, and a smile

We back at it. Now Let's go

.-.

After what felt like a revelation of Shirou realizing that Humans and Beastmen really aren't different from one another. Both can eat, sleep, exercise. Then when you can go a bit deeper than basic nessecities both even love, fear, and protect.

'We're still just people.' Shirou thought to himself. Suddenly his old black and white view in Humans and Beastmen, which was already starting to because of Michiru, began to have the touches of grey. Then he realized that Michiru didn't do what she wanted to do with him. "You know, there's still time to go to the beach today if you're still interested." he said earning him a surprised Michiru. "You're still up for that?" she questioned getting a nod with a smile as a response.

"Yay!" Michiru cheered. Just then by sheer bad luck grey clouds started rolling in and Michiru felt droplets on her nose making it twitch. "Really!?" Michiru was quite visibility frustrated as a whole days plan had gone to waste. "That's unfortunate." Was all Shirou could say.

They started quickly jogging to Beast Co-Op hoping they don't get to wet when they entered the building. Luckily they're weren't too wet but it was still pretty bad. "Jeez it got bad really quick." Michiru was taken back by how the rain behaved in Anima-City. "It got bad way sooner than usual, I just hope everyone else found a dry place to stay." Shirou started looking out a window. So far so good.

Michiru noticed that Shirou's nose was a little red then as if right on cue he started sneezing. "Achhe." Shirou made sure to cover his mouth while doing so. (Please make sure you do that readers.) "Shirou it sounds like you're sick. You need some rest as soon as possible so it doesn't worsen." Melissa said. "I'm fine." His reluctance began to show. "Shirou-san, please. I want you to feel better soon." Michiru started using her puppy eyes in Shirou. Those big blue and pink orbs, piercing through his tough exterior. "Tch, fine I'll be in my room to get some rest." Shirou hung up his coat, and made his way to his room, Kuro sprung out of a nearby shelf and started flying after Shirou.

"Where have you been?" Michiru asked. Receiving a small caw as a response. "Oh sure you've 'just been sleeping' you ball of expressive feathers." Shirou jokingly said. (BecauseAc the writer completely forgot about him, sorry 🙇) He went into his room and laid on the bed, then felt a random wave of heat take over his forehead. "That bad huh? Achhe!" Shirou sneezed again.

One hour later.
He got a knock on the door. Whoever it was proceeded to open it. "Hey Shirou-san." he heard Michiru's innocent voice. "Hey. You can come in if you want." Shirou didn't move one inch of his body other than his mouth to speak. She had a bowl in her hand as she was walking towards Shirou, she grabbed a chair and sat next to his bed. "Feeling any better?" "It's just a cold, I'll live. Achhe!" he tried saying proudly, to the best of his ability, just to fail due to his cold. "Okay, Melissa made some soup to make you well quicker."

She used the spoon in the bowl to get a scoop and put it in front of his face. "Come on say 'ahh'." This caught Shirou by complete surprise. "Heh?" "Say 'ahh'." Shirou suddenly had the thought of the situation. "Treating me like a child are you?" he joked. "Uh, no it's not like that at all. It's uh, just open your mouth okay?" Shirou complied and opened his mouth. Michiru carefully placed the spoonful of soup in his mouth. He swallowed slowly, "You know I'm capable of feeding myself." "Yeah but you need to rest as much as you can. So leave it to me." She had the look of determination to take care of Shirou.

With a smile Shirou was okay with Michiru feeding him. Not to mention the soup was good too. "Thank you Shirou-san." He looked over at Michiru. "For what?" Michiru smiled, her warm, sincere, and innocent smile Shirou somehow found himself lost in. "For taking a rest when you need to. I'm sure you'll get better in no time." "Thanks for the comfort." 'After all, we're still just people.' They both thought. Michiru gave Shirou a spoonful of soup.

"So my parents called and said that they would be here later tonight even with the weather." Shirou swallowed then checked the time. '2:13PM' "Like when later?" "They said around 9-10 tonight. It's pretty late but it'll be worth it. You'll love them I promise." Shirou looked forward to meeting more Humans to his surprise. Michiru gave Shirou another spoonful of soup. "I hope we run into Taiki, and Hikaru at the celebration too. They were really nice." Michiru was as optimistic as ever. Shirou swallowed. "Yeah, they were."

Michiru continued to speak. "You know if you want, I can show you the dress I'm wearing." Shirou pondered for a minute. "I'd like that." They both had small blushes on their faces. Michiru then put the bowl down and got up and left.

After about 10 minutes of waiting for her he heard the door open again. "You ready?" "Yes." Michiru then stepped in the room with her redd dress with black accents. "So how do I look?" Michiru asked blushing vividly. 'S-so cute!' Shirou thought, he quickly recomposed himself. "You look good." This made Michiru smile. "Thank you Shirou-san, it means a lot coming from you."

Shirou wanted to encourage her even more. "You're going to be great when you sing." Michiru looked at him. "Thank you. You'll do great too, I just know it." Michiru went back and changed to her previous clothing sat down next to Shirou again. She spoke again. "This song really helps during tough times." then she started singing Night Running.

"Oshiete
Yoru ni haseru kono yurameki to
Omoinomama ni tobimawatte
Motto jiyū ni kakete ikou yo
Hoshi o miagete sa..."

Shirou really didn't know where she'd heard that song or understand the meaning of it, but when he heard Michiru sing, he couldn't help but be captivated by her voice. "Heh, Yeah you're gonna be fine." Michiru giggled a bit knowing with Shirou there the night would practically be perfect.

Little to their knowledge Gem and Melissa were right outside the door listening to what was going on. "They're going to be so cute together." Melissa whispered. "It will be a sight that's for sure." Gem replied.
.-.

Another chapter done, and thank you once again for the support, it means a lot that you guys are still reading this. We'll make it to the celebration story soon I promise. Until then I'll see you guys in the next chapter.