Chapter 13, Worth the thousand years

And thus another chapter begins. New let's go.

.-.

Shirou woke up rather super early the sun wasn't even out yet. '3:43AM'. Shirou already felt like he had enough sleep. But the sad thing about waking up early is that you're really bored until everyone else wakes up. He had a feeling that Rose wouldn't want to meet until later, 6AM at earliest. Until then, for what felt like hours Shirou just lied on his bed, but it was only seven minutes. He went to check his phone, and seen he got a text from Mayor Rose. 'Ogami-kun, our meeting is not urgent, so we are able to meet whenever you'd like after 5AM. - Mayor Rose. Sent 9:28PM' Shirou was already asleep by then. 'Earlier than usual.' he thought

That meant he had more than an hour do to whatever as long as he didn't wake anyone up, that part was easy. But what exactly to do was the hard part. What was he going to do for the next ten minutes let alone with an extra hour on top of it?

Then he found something what to do. He quietly made his way to the roof of Beast Co-Op. There he sits silently staring at how beautiful Anima-City was especially at night, the florescent lights on, the colors. All he could think was. 'It was worth the thousand years for this.' he smiled, he was happy with this accomplishment, happy that no one has to be worried about stress anymore, the fear of turning gone. Shirou felt happy, happier than he's ever been since his life in Nirvasyl.

"If only she could see this." he said to himself. "She who?" he nearly jumped at the sudden sound of Michiru's voice. "Couldn't sleep?" she asked. "I wasn't tired." Michiru walked up next to him. "Shirou-san, what was her name?" she asked "Hm?" Shirou didn't exactly feel comfortable with having this conversation yet. "I want to help you in anyway I can. Shirou-san please, let me help you with your loss. I know you loved her very much, but I'm sure that she'd want you to be happy to." Shirou tried to let go of his first love, but because she acted so much like Michiru, he was almost always reminded of her.

"Abella. Her name was Abella. She always wanted nothing but the best for both Humans and Beastmen no matter how bad they were. She knew there were some good humans in the world that wish no harm to us, but then the attack on Nirvasyl happened." Michiru didn't know how it must've felt to lose someone you loved so much, she couldn't even bare the thought of losing Shirou alone. Someone she's known enough to even fall for. "Shirou-san, I may never understand how you feel, but the best I can do is help you look at the amazing things that have happened in just the last year." She was right, ever since Michiru came to Anima-City, Shirou did notice he'd become a much better person in his own eyes.

"I just wish she could've at least seen this." Shirou said. "She probably is, from somewhere." Michiru reassured. Shirou looked over and noticed Michiru looked so beautiful with the various lights reflecting off of her eyes, hair, and fur causing him to blush. "Thank you for the reassurance." Shirou then realized, he didn't fall for Michiru because she acted like Abella, he'd fallen for her because Michiru was her own person from her. 'So this is how it feels to truly move on.' he smiled to himself.

After a while Michiru got a call in her phone. An unknown number, but she had a feeling she knew who it was. "Hello?" "Michiru your dad and I just seen your big win congratulations sweetie." It was Michiru's mom. "Thank you Mom. Are you and Dad going to be here today?" "Yes but not until near dark and your dad is at work right now." "It's fine as long as you get here safe. Oh I have a friend you have to meet. Wanna talk to him?" Shirou started to panic. "No Michiru wai-" "Here." She handed him the phone. "Hello." "Forgive me but, you sound a little old." Michiru's mom was a bit surprised at the sound of Shirou's voice. "Sorry for that, my name is Shirou Ogami I'm Michiru's partner." "Nice to talk to you Shirou, I'm Shuri Kagemori. I hope to see you face to face soon." Shirou really didn't know how to respond. "I hope to see you to." he said as if he were hesitant.

He handed Michiru her phone, then stood idly while Michiru finished the conversation. "Okay Mom, I love you to, have fun, bye." she hung up the phone then stood next to Shirou taking in the beauty of Anima-City. "I don't think I've ever seen Anima-City this beautiful since the festival." Michiru broke the short lived silence. "Over one thousand years to see this. It was worth it." 'At least to see this.' Shirou thought still looking in Michiru's direction.

.-.

Another chapter done. And still a lot more to do, but I'm not quitting. See you guys in the next chapter.