Chapter 17, How much things changed

Back at it. Let's go

.-.

It has only been a few minutes since Michiru sung to Shirou. However the song sparked Shirou's curiosity. "Where did you hear that song?" Michiru started blushing. "I don't really remember when I first heard it, but back when I was a Human, Nazuna and I would always listen to that song. Here you should give it a listen too." She pulled out her phone and went to an app to search for the original song.

After a few seconds Shirou heard the first few notes of the song, and was instantly hypnotized by the soft beats. Then he started staring into space while he began to hear the lyrics, sounding very familiar to the song Nazuna sung on...that night.

Totsuzen ni mō Up side Down
Sekai wa kawari dasu
Inori mo todokanai
Boku ga kawari dasu

Imi o motomete hashiri tsuzukete
Jibun ga dare ka wakaranaku naru
Naki-sōdakedo maketakunaikara

Shirou found himself lost in the song, something about it was relaxing, he found comfort from it. A really nice song, that's for sure.

Oshiete
Yoru ni haseru kono yurameki to
Omoinomama ni tobimawatte
Motto jiyū ni kakete ikou yo
Hoshi o miagete sa

He smiled as the song continued. "This song is really good." This caused Michiru to smile seeing as it was her favorite song. "I was hoping you would." she held her phone close to her chest. "Everytime I listen to it, I'm reminded of how much I've changed since then. I look at it like now I'm a completely different person." she started reminiscing about the times where she was Human. "I believe that when I got this disease, everything changed for the better. Otherwise I wouldn't have met everyone who helped me in this city."

Shirou, still listening to the song, couldn't even try to understand what Michiru went through when she suddenly turned into a Beastmen. She said a year of isolation, not able to talk to anyone, except for possibly her parents. "I don't see it as a disease." he said, earning a small blush from the Tanuki. "Really?" "Yes, what if it was fate?" Michiru looked at her phone Night Running still playing. "Heh, what if it was?" she began to think about it.

"I see it as a new start. That's what Anima-City is for, so that Beastmen get a new start in life. As Mayor Rose would put it." Michiru looked at Shirou with those beautiful eyes of hers. "I know, and even though I had a rough start it was worth it to come this far." Seeing Michiru this happy gave a certain warmth in his chest. He reached over and gave her a head pat. She jumped at first then got into it her blush becoming more visible.

Shirou realized he had been doing this for a while he took his hand back. "Sorry." "It's fine." Michiru then got two texts at the same time. One from her mom, and one from Nazuna.

Mom
>Hi Michiru, the rain has gotten worse over here are you okay over there?

Nothing happened over here are you okay?<

>Everything is fine here. I'm going back to seeing what we can do, love you.

Love you too, be careful.<

She then moved on to Nazuna's text

Nazuna
>Hey Michiru the rain really came out of nowhere, sorry for being late on texting about it I was still in the set up. However, when it's all over could you spare some time and we all go eat? You're allowed to bring Shirou.

I'll see what I can do, Shirou-san was not feeling well, but since his whole Ginrou thing I assume he'll be better soon.<

>Thank you, Michiru see you then take care. ;)

Bye.<

She put her phone down and spoke. "Hey Shirou-san when the weather clears up, you want to come with me to go eat with Nazuna?" "Sure, but I'm not feeling hungry because of Melissa's soup." "That's fine. I just want to be there." "Alright." Michiru then gave what Nazuna texted a thought. 'I feel like she's setting up some weird romance trap. Then we'll just have to wait and see.' she thought.

.-.

And another chapter done. Am I the only genuinely curious on what Shirou's reaction would be if he actually listened to Night Running? Just me, alright. Thank you guys so much for officially 3K reads once again I never knew I would get this many thank you all so much. Once again fun chapter next one will be out soon. Until then I'll see you guys in the next chapter.