Chapter 8, I want to trust you.

Hey guys we back at it. Now let's go.

.-.

After Michiru finished thinking to herself after Shirou's 'confession' she began to feel relieved, like a weight has been lifted off her shoulders. This feeling was weird, yet very good. As she was still thinking almost sweet nothings in her head, she couldn't notice that Shirou moved in to tap her shoulder. "Michiru?" "Eh, oh sorry I dozed off." She began to rub the back of her head, with a dark blush across her face.

"We should be going." Shirou began to walk forward. "Uh right." Michiru started to follow. Just then they seen Nazuna, at a signing stand. People thought she still looked good, even with her new look. (Look at chapter 2's notes for details.) Nazuna took notice that the two were walking about. "Sorry my beloved fans I'm going on a quick break to get some other work done." She proceeded to approach Michiru and Shirou. "Hey Michiru, I have big news, do you have any time?" Michiru looked at Shirou, he understood and went to a nearby street corner so the two can talk alone.

"So Michiru, I'm sorry for the way I acted earlier, so I'd like to try and make it up to you." Nazuna proceeded to take out a box, and gave it to Michiru. She shook the box Nazuna gave her, and heard that there were small items in it. Michiru opened the small box and found two smaller boxes, one with headphones, and one with Macaroons. "Nazuna, I don't understand." Michiru was questioning on why Nazuna was being this nice when she was so busy. "I was just out shopping when I found those, I was reminded of when we were back home, I hope you like them, and that's not all. I have some really big news." Michiru looked at Nazuna with a puzzled look then Nazuna stood before Michiru to proudly announce. "I'm officially becoming a sponsor for the Bears in today's Baseball game." "Eh, what?" Michiru was shocked that Nazuna went out of her way to sponsor a ragtag baseball team.

"You know how many people would bet for you if they knew that this team had close relations with me?, you won't just get the money prize, you'll practically be the richest Beastmen in Anima-City." That deal doesn't sound bad, Michiru was still unable to see what Nazuna's endgame was. "I guess that's one way to show support." Michiru said in sort of sad tone. "Hey don't worry, I'll be there. I know I didn't exactly treat you well in the pas-" "Swear to me!" Michiru cut off. "What?" "Swear to me that you will be able to see the game today, that way I know I can really trust you again." Nazuna was puzzled, but Michiru was her friend, in her eyes at least, so she said what Michiru wanted to hear. "I swear." Nazuna said sincerely "Okay." Was all Michiru could say. If Nazuna shows up at the game she's able to be trusted, but Michiru didn't want to be full on friends again just yet.

"Michiru, if you want to talk-" "We'll talk at the celebration, right now I can't afford any distractions. Go back to your fans, they want autographs." Michiru smiled at Nazuna then got up and went towards the street corner Shirou was waiting at. "Are you doing okay?" "Yeah, everything is fine." They began to walk in the park and noticed how bright it really was. Green grass, big trees for nice shade, it was almost perfect. "Want to take a break?" Michiru asked. "Sure where do you want to sit?"

"Riiiiight, here." Michiru found a spot on a bench, that was perfectly balanced between the Sun and the shade. As the two sat down Shirou noticed that Michiru was a little close to him. 'Is she scared of something?, she wouldn't be sitting this close normally.' Shirou began to fill his head with possible theories of what could be wrong with her. "Shirou-san?" Michiru almost startled him. "Yeah?" "We're friends, right?" Shirou was now really concerned for Michiru. "Of course why wouldn't we be?, I thought we already talked about this when we got the burgers earlier." "I know but..."  Michiru fell silent. "Michiru?" "I'm scared of being alone. I feel like I've lost Nazuna when we turned into Beastmen, and now I feel like I'll lose you someday." "Michiru, I want you to know that you will never lose me, not for a while. As long as I'm here, you will always have someone to be here, and something to fight for." Michiru felt a tear or two roll down her face.

She hugged Shirou really tight. "Please don't ever leave me." Michiru said between sobs in her voice. "I won't." Shirou hugged back. After the two let go of each other, Shirou checked the time. '2:30PM' "We'd best be getting ready for your game." "Yeah, I know I'll win, as long as you're there."

.-.

Hey guys so yep that's the end of chapter 8. Making this one was really fun. I even put in a reference from The Last of Us, and a reference from chapter 4, Nightmares and an Invitation. I hope you guys liked reading as much as I liked writing. Lastly thank you so much for 920+ reads it really means a lot to me that you guys love the story. See you guys in the next chapter.