Chapter 9, Prep to anticipation

Hey guys I'm back and here with a pretty fun to write chapter. Now no more notes until the end let's go.

.-.

Michiru and Shirou were now on their way to the Baseball field, it was almost time for the preparation period.

"Shirou-san, I'm nervous, what if I mess up?" Michiru was worried, letting her fear get the better of her. "Michiru you're gonna do just fine, you're gonna play, and and win, like you always do. Even if your friend doesn't show up, I'm still here to cheer you on." Shirou had his hand on her shoulder and Michiru felt relieved, secure, protected. "Alright Shirou-san, let's win ourselves a game." Michiru said like she was a Shonen protagonist.

"Michiru." Michiru was quick to turn to see who had called her. All she could see was none other than her trusted team, The Bears. "Jackie, everyone. Are you ready to win a game today?" "Yeah!" The entire team said in unison. "Michiru is Shirou-san going to watch us play today?" Jackie asked. "Yes, today Shirou-san is going to be our morale support." Michiru said enthusiastically.

As the team went in to prepare for the game, they had seen the team they were up against. It looked like the team they lost the finals to about a year ago. The Killer Animals. Even though they're still intimidating, the Bears were up for a rematch.

Jackie held the ball in her glove in front of the other team. "With our Miracle ball, we beat you into the ground." she said trying to intimidate the other team. "Oh you think you got what it takes to beat us this time brat?" the Rat player was more than confident in beating the Bears again. "We're more than enough to beat you this time." Michiru was now the one talking to the opposing team.

"When we win we'll see who the real Vermin team is." The Rat player turned and walked away. "You'll beat them." Shirou walked up to Michiru and Jackie. "Michiru since our embarrassing defeat last year the team trained really hard and now we've all gotten better." Jackie said and is pretty sure they have a good shot at beating them.

"Alright, let's beat those Vermin into the ground." Michiru said still with her Shonen like aura.

After the team was all ready everyone got into their position on the field, the Bears in the Batting field, the Vermin team in the Pitching field. As Michiru picked up the Bat and got ready, as she was she started looking around to try and see if Nazuna came, 'Where is she?, Damnit Nazuna, you swore.' When she began to get mad at Nazuna, even getting upset a little she then heard the announcer.

"Alright folks today's game sees the Bears and the Killer Animals with a rematch from the Bears' upsetting failure last year. Will the Bears win this time or will they face a losing tradition?" Shirou was looking at Michiru from the bleachers, surprisingly a lot of Beastmen came to see what could be a fated rematch. Michiru began to look for Shirou and saw that he was watching her. "Hmph, this game is mine." She whispered to herself.

"Before our game starts however I would like to introduce a brand new sponsor for the Bears this year, Nazuna Hiwatashi!" Just then not only were Michiru and Shirou confused, but the Beastmen in the bleachers were especially excited and were practically screaming with joy and Nazuna didn't even speak yet.

"Hello everyone! My name is Nazuna Hiwatashi, and I'm here to be a proud sponsor for the Bears. For their dreams are my dreams to win this game, and everyone's hearts. Now let's have ourselves the best game of Baseball in history!" And with that Nazuna sat down next to the announcer and looked at Michiru who looked back at her.

Michiru Perspective (Not POV)
'Well that's a surprise.' All Michiru could do was watch in awe that Nazuna actually showed up. "Hey brat! Pay attention." The opposing pitcher shouted at her. As he got ready to throw. Michiru got ready to swing.

Shirou Perspective (Not POV)
As Shirou watched Michiru look at Nazuna in awe, he noticed someone sat next to him, none other than everyone's favorite Mink. "Ogami, looks like you're really anticipated for this game, could it possibly be because of her?" Marie started pointing at Michiru from where they were sitting. This gave Shirou a blush, Marie took notice of this. "Aw someone's gone soft since I last met him." Maire teased. "Quiet Itami." Shirou said somewhat embarrassed. "Hey brat! Pay attention." He heard the Pitcher shout. Shirou watched intensely. With one great throw and Michiru's mighty swing...

.-.

Ooh cliffhanger, we like those right? Yeah we like those. So this chapter was fun to write, even made sure Nazuna kept her word and showed up, just in a different way than expected. And oh my gosh 1.12K reads. Wow I never expected to get that many thank you so much for supporting the story and I'm so happy for you guys to have actually read it, I will continue to work on it, but wow thanks so much for reading the story I hope you enjoy this chapter and future chapters.