12 | a turning point

When Lisa returned home from her night at the bar, she wasn't expecting to experience the same sensation that she had been sensing before

When Lisa returned home from her night at the bar, she wasn't expecting to experience the same sensation that she had been sensing before. But when she walked through the door, reddened face from the cold and alcohol, she immediately felt on edge. Like she was walking into someone else's apartment, and they caught her.

And even though saying she was only tipsy was an understatement, she still knew this was the one. The damned apartment she was told to clean out all of her fondest memories from.

She closed the door with the kick of her heel and leaned her back against the wood. Rubbing at her temple with squinted eyes before shrugging off her jacket and making her way into the kitchen, in need of a glass of water.

Roseanne timidly stood from her place on the couch, eyes never leaving Lisa as she took in the sight of her. The woman throwing her jacket across the room and collecting water from the sink before gulping it down hurriedly.

"At least you know to drink water." Roseanne commented as she approached. Stopping on the other side of the island to watch Lisa as she sat the glass down and leaned on the countertop across from her. "Is drinking your only coping mechanism?" She wondered aloud. "Is there anything else that could help you?"

Lisa closed her eyes and eased her head down. Resting it against the cool granite in a means of abiding the thumping that was really beginning to bother her brain.

Rosie frowned and leaned closer. Not liking the look of distress overtaking the Thai's face. "Lisa?"

The frizzy blonde raised her head. Furrowing her brows from the haziness caused by lack of light, and the lingering sensation that she was missing something.

"I should sleep..." She told herself. Using her hands to prop herself back into a standing position.

"That'd probably be for the best." Rosie smiled. "You should get some rest."

Lisa began walking to the bedroom, using the walls as support seeing that the alcohol was really starting to take a hold on her system now. She's surprised she even made it home safely at this point. And Roseanne was curious about that too, given the state Lisa appeared in.

But she couldn't ask her how that went, and instead, could only follow the Thai in hopes that she'd fall into bed alright. Closing her eyes tight when Lisa didn't care to change politely and simply ripped off her tank top and jeans. Unknowingly throwing the articles at the ghost's feet and leisurely climbing into bed.

Roseanne peeked through her fingers at the sounds of sheets and pillows moving. Smiling softly as Lisa began nesting herself within the fabrics.

"Give a girl a warning next time." She chuckled, kicking through her clothes.

Lisa released a groan under breath and placed another hand on her head. "I should brush my teeth... eh, it'sss whatever. I'll jus' brush tomorrow."

"Yeah, just brush tomorrow." Roseanne agreed. "Missing one night isn't that bad. I've missed plenty of them now." She grinned. "I hope you feel better."