03 | keeping the normalcy

Roseanne had debated running after Jennie that day

Roseanne had debated running after Jennie that day. Following her, most likely back to her dorm, and being in her presence while reality set in for the second time.

But she didn't.

She thought Jennie should have her space, much like how she had hers the day that she had died. So, Roseanne went home and awaited her parents return. Which had taken three days. And on that faithful third day, it wasn't even her parents coming home.

The people who actually lived with her? Well they were no where to be seen. But her older sister, who had moved out of the house a couple of years prior... she came home, alone.

Alice had went throughout the entire house quietly. Checking the windows and doors as she went, before she began gathering clothes for whom Rosie assumed was their parents. Ali had then went into Roseanne's own room, and looked around at the polaroids and decorations she had strung up throughout it.

Tears immediately began brimming her sister's eyes as she took in each detail delicately. Those eyes then landed on a tank full of water that sat upon her dresser. Alice had smiled faintly while walking up to the aquarium, and fed her seemingly lonely pet fish for her.

Roseanne had began to cry too, while watching the loving exchange between her fish and Ali. Hearing a soft 'hi' come from Alice as she looked to the not so little orange fish. It only made her want to cry more. And it especially made her want to hold Alice. But her older sister put the lid back on the fish tank, and left without saying another word.

Leaving her alone in the world once again.

Roseanne hadn't remained cooped up inside the house for the entirety of those three days though. As she would leave the house everyday and head to her second period class. In hopes of seeing someone she'd been worrying about attending her classes at the University.

But Jennie was never there.

After those three days, it was the weekend. And she spent the most of those next two days walking around the streets of Melbourne. Even though traversing the city was something she had done practically everyday before she passed, Roseanne couldn't help herself.

She loved exploring. Finding new places and meeting new people. Even though she was dead, she didn't want her life to change. She wanted to enjoy it, just like how she had enjoyed it when living.

Now there was just no restrictions on the places she could visit. One pro I guess, to being dead. Along with never running late. Yet, she knew for a fact that she was only going out as a distraction to the fact that she was actually deceased.

And that knowledge... that she could never have a family of her own... or find true love. She'd cry every night thinking about it... laying on the floor of the house and wishing she could just sleep the nightmare off and forget it ever happened upon waking up.