09 | a little hope

Felix was feeling a rather small amount of dread filling him

Felix was feeling a rather small amount of dread filling him. Not because he thought what he was doing was wrong, but because he knew it was probably right. It just hurt him a bit, especially with how nice it felt having her hand in his. He stole another glance to the ghost beside him, before looking straight ahead again. Waiting for Rosie to tell him when to turn, or where to stop.

Even though he couldn't feel the warmth, or her soothing skin, he could sense what holding hands with Roseanne would be like. And even in ghost form, he loved it. The irony of it all, was that he was bringing her to the woman Roseanne was crushing on. When he himself had a crush of his own, on her.

Guess there was also irony in the fact that Roseanne was gay to begin with. Because when he saw Yeri guiding her over at the get-together, he couldn't help but wonder if she could be something more. Maybe even the one? The woman he could find, also in a ghostly state, that he could spend his eternity walking dreadful Earth with.

Find some form of comfort and affection in.

And yet... she's gay.

"What are we doing Felix?..." Her voice brought him out of his thoughts. Looking to Rosie who was walking with her head down, feeling rather low for being a ghost crushing on one of the living. "She's..."

"Someone new." He replied quietly. "And someone we're going to go greet."

Roseanne lifted her head, looking to Felix quietly. "But even if we see her, she won't see us. And if she goes back inside her apartment, we could be waiting for hours, if not until morning, just to see her again."

"Ah, so you're worried about not being able to enter her place? Right?" He questioned the blonde. A smile on his face as he squeezed her hand.

"Yeah, and I think there's a pretty good reason to be." Rosie chuckled. "We can't enter the homes of people we don't know."

He rolled his eyes. Shaking his head at those words that Mason and Yeri spent so much time trying to drill into his head. So he wouldn't go out having fun and making mischief. Since trying to scare people did seem so.... appealing.

Especially on Halloween.

"We're not vampires you know." He looked to her with a grin.

"Pretty similar to them though." Rosie pointed out. Her cheeks rising and making her look rather adorable in the moonlight. "Think about it." The woman continued. "We can't enter their place, unless we knew them during life. Or unless we get invited in, via ouija boards or whatever..."

He shook his head as they walked. "Man, if only the ghosts and demons heard you talking about ouija boards like that."

Rosie looked out to the street they were on. The woman furrowing her brows. "Melbourne doesn't have that many ghosts..."

"It does." He stated. "You just need to know where to look."

Roseanne hummed and kept her eyes forward. Growing rather distracted by the building ahead. Felix following her gaze to the rather modern looking apartments up the street from them. His feeling of regret slightly increasing. "Is that it?" He questioned.