07 | a hero's home

Lisa looked over her shoulder to the door behind her and studied it, a brow upturning, before she decided to ignore it and turn on the nearest switch

Lisa looked over her shoulder to the door behind her and studied it, a brow upturning, before she decided to ignore it and turn on the nearest switch. Deciding it was better to forget about the way her hair stood on end, and focus on evaluating the space around her.

Dim lights flickered on ahead of her, illuminating the living room. A soft smile gracing her lips as she noticed how the apartment had remained relatively the same. Lisa entered the kitchen to her right and flicked on the lights. Setting her duffel bag down on the counter and immediately going to the fridge.

Opening it up to see the healthiest of greens and different fruits she would have rather left growing on the trees than eat. She was about to close the door when a deep blue case with yellow bands caught her eye. Lisa smiled and reached down to the untouched box. Withdrawing a brown bottle from it.

Popping the cap off on the counter's edge and taking a sip from the cool liquid. It's relieving taste eliciting a gasp from her as she entered the living room and stared down to the dark brown couch and matching recliner. Memories flooding in as she looked away from them and approached the built in bookshelf surrounding the fireplace and tv. Looking over the volumes and decorations that filled the shelves. Before peering to her left and walking down the hallway.

Opening the first door and turning on the light. Brightening the study she would sometimes wait hours in. Listening to calls being taken or typing of a keyboard whilst she'd be seated on the futon sofa. Either doing her school work or playing some mobile game on her tablet. Lisa grinned and looked to the several awards on yet another shelve to her left. Her eyes following them down to the desk where the most prized one resided.

Lisa sniffed and shut off the light. Closing the door and leaning her back on it while taking another sip of her beer. She then looked ahead, into the bathroom adjacent to the study, before continuing down the hallway to the remaining door at the end.

Taking an extra long swig of beer before opening that door, and sighing at the black covered bed that greeted her. A tv and dresser to her right with a small walk in closet to her left. Lisa prepared herself as she approached the closet. Flicking on the single dull bulb and studying the clothes that surrounded her. She sat her beer down on the top of a built in shoe rack, before letting her fingers drag along the fabrics.

She stopped and pulled out the sleeve of one she remembered being worn a lot, and held the material up to her nose. Lisa breathed in deeply and could very faintly smell his fading scent. Tears beginning to fall as she withdrew the sweater from it's rack. Holding it to her chest as she cried into it. Missing him and his presence, even if he was always more busy than not. Just being with him was enough to make her happy.

And now... she couldn't be.

Lisa brought the sweater with her as she grabbed her beer. Drinking more of it down as she tried to stop her tears from flooding the apartment. Heading towards the bathroom that was located on the other side of the bedroom. Dropping the sweater off on the bed as she went.