05 | as days go

It's been exactly one month since she's died, and the sheer amount of times she's had to recalculate and second guess her math on that was astounding

It's been exactly one month since she's died, and the sheer amount of times she's had to recalculate and second guess her math on that was astounding. Yeri had been right when saying time would begin to fade, just like everything else.

Because Roseanne was pretty sure she had died on the first of September. Yet with it only being the first of October, she really had to remind herself constantly that it had been a month.

But over the course of this month, Yeri and herself have gotten much closer. And with getting closer, she's learned a lot more about ghosts and their relationship with time. So forgetting dates and specific details from when she was alive, was something Yeri had warned her about early on.

Telling her to repeat those things to herself everyday. Because the more she indulged in her ghostliness, knocking on trees and scaring people into believing Bigfoot was watching them; the more she'd forget about who she was before. And Roseanne was terrified of that.

"So... it's been happening more?" Yeri questioned as they walked to a meet up spot the ghost had heard about from another.

"Yeah, sometimes I forget where I am." She sighed as they phased through a locked fence and down a moonlit path.

"I have that too, it's almost... disorientating."

"Right?!" She exclaimed. "Why do you think that is?"

"Maybe it's due to the fact we're not supposed to be here? Like, ever wonder why our minds stay in tact when our souls literally leave our bodies? I bet it's like a disease... that our minds are actually slowly dying without being in our physical selves anymore."

Roseanne's jaw slacked as she stared at Yeri. The shorter ghost slightly laughing at the way the blonde looked. "Oh my God, Rosie! Don't stress about it! Look at me, I've been a ghost for years, you've been one for a week. You'll be fine."

"Um, It's been a month..." Roseanne whispered.

"Already?"

She nodded as they heard people talking ahead of them. Yeri smiling and looking to her with excitement in her eyes. "Ahh, aren't you excited?! It's going to be the first time you've met other ghosts! Well, formally." Yeri chuckled. "I still feel bad about that one ghost scaring you." Yerim frowned.

"I know... all I did was ask if they knew who you were? I wanted to find you again after that night but they made their eyes pop out of their head! How did they do that?"

"Honestly, still learning that one. But they were more than likely a demon. Those little shits are always doing scary stuff like that."

"I... I spoke to a demon?"

"Yes, and you may speak with another one while here." Yeri replied. "Well honestly, hopefully you won't. But I do know one."

"Really?"