11 | one of seven

She watched attentively as the last bit of sunlight trickled below the horizon

She watched attentively as the last bit of sunlight trickled below the horizon. Darkening the sky around them to a deep shade of blue, as Roseanne looked down to the smaller woman beside her.

Struggling to remember a name, as the shock of actually being seen by a living person slowly wore off.

Like the sun dipping below, her emotions dipped into a territory she didn't want them. That state of shock protecting her from embarrassing herself in front of the woman, but now reality was slowly seeping in.

When Yeri first saw her, she was so excited to finally be seen by someone else, only then to learn that ghosts can see each other just fine. It's the living that can't, but somehow, this woman could? And maybe it was her age? Like the rumors that babies can see ghosts too?

But nevertheless, being seen by someone who Lisa, or even her parents could see? Someone they too could talk too? It made her realize she wasn't as disconnected as she thought. And now, she struggled to hold back her tears.

"It's Chunhua."

Roseanne stopped for a second before glancing back to the woman. "Sorry?" She questioned timidly. Wiping her eyes quickly while trying not to let her voice give way the best she could.

"My name."

"Ohh... thanks." She bowed apologetically. "I'm sorry. I've been trying to remember."

"It's fine. You've had much on your mind, young Rosie."

"Yes." Roseanne agreed quietly. Thankful to have Chunhua, who could magically sense her need of a name, to distract her emotions. "So, um... have you always been able to see... uh, ghosts?"

And read minds?

Chunhua didn't reply immediately. Instead she turned a corner the best she could with her cart and began pushing it across the road. To the other side of the empty street, where it was slightly more narrow on the sidewalk.

"Yes, I have." Chunhua finally replied, while leading them down a small alleyway. "It's a gift."

Roseanne nodded as they came to a stop in front of an apparent flower shop. Her eyes lit up at the sight and connection, as Chunhua unlocked the front door and pushed it open with her rear. Pulling her cart in along with her.

She was about to follow her in, when Roseanne suddenly felt like she'd be imposing. Which was funny, considering she's been in Lisa's apartment all day.

"It's okay Ghosty." Chunhua called. "My shop is open to you."

Warmth overtook her as she stepped inside. Almost feeling at ease with everything. Like she found a figure she could spend time with, that was still connected to the world. And her, all at the same time.

"Thank you." She spoke quietly. Looking from Chunhua to the plethora of flowers around them, and the life they seemed to teem with. Wishing she could take in a deep breath, just like Lisa could, and be relaxed by their nature.