10 | what you feel

Sleep was evading her tonight

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Sleep was evading her tonight. And Lisa knew that would probably lead to sleeping in dreadfully late tomorrow morning, but she didn't mind. At the moment, time seemed to be stilled. Paused... as she stared out of the window at the city lights ahead of her.

Not sure what she should be seeing, but knowing something had to be there. Her mind restless on the inkling of something being missed, and she wasn't sure what that something could be. It didn't feel like an object, or an action she forgot to do. Just a sensation...

Maybe... that sensation?

Lisa pushed back her chair, standing abruptly and making the unseen and bewildered Rosie flinch. The Thai quickly moved into the kitchen and disposed of her empty bottle, as the ghost followed her silently.

Roseanne stood in the entry, still thinking back to the way Lisa's gaze had rested so closely to hers. The way her dark eyes drew her in like an intoxicating spell, before that spell was broken by the woman's sudden leaving of the table. The Australian was still curious as to why, when Lisa found herself staring at the front door.

Walking over and peering out into the hallway through the small hole in it's center, she remembered the knocks from earlier, and how she never figured out who delivered them. The whole idea of someone rapping on her door this late at night did seem odd, and maybe that's why she first thought she had imagined it all in the first place.

But with the addition of the feeling returning from those several days ago, she's beginning to wonder if the two are linked. That somehow, whoever knocked, or whatever knocks she's believed she's heard, are also the cause of this... feeling.

Lisa sighed and leaned away from the door. Running her fingers through her hair before shaking her head. "You're just tired... that's all." She assumed out loud. Turning around and retreating to the living room where she shut the blinds with the push of an automatic button, and released a yawn with arms thrown back.

Roseanne watched as Lisa shut off the dim lights that had been illuminating the space, before making her way down the hallway. The ghost following a good distance behind, scared of getting too close and being detected.

She wasn't entirely sure, but it felt like there was something about Lisa that made her different than others. Like the way the woman would look over her shoulders, towards her, along a Melbourne street or airport skybridge. When it was apparent no other living being found it in themselves to stare at the empty space behind them.

She could have kept thinking on it, but when she found herself unconsciously following Lisa into the rather spacious master bedroom, all other thoughts left her. Her mind resting as she took in the sight of the dark aesthetic room. Head turning along with her eyes, as she surveyed the comfortable space.

"Wow..." Rosie whispered to herself as she noticed the window to her right. Further entering the space and passing by Lisa, to stare out another decently sized glass pane. Taking in the twinkling streetlights and rather calming city below.