Chapter Sixteen: Adventure Time

Start from the beginning

And I knew for a fact that it had to do with Liam.

***

“Hurry up Niall!” Jules yelled playfully as we all stood at the entrance of the park. He quickly jumped out of the van and slammed the door shut behind him, clutching the small bag to his chest.

“You couldn’t just leave that in the car and come back out to get it later if you get hungry?” I asked him.

“I’m hungry now.” He shrugged as he popped a crisp in his mouth. I rolled my eyes. We ate less than a half hour ago.

“You’re hungry? I’m still stuffed!” Dani squealed, placing her hand over her stomach.

“How, you barely ate anything?” Jules asked quirking an eyebrow at her and giving her the look that says ‘you stupid Barbie doll’. I couldn’t help but chuckle.

“Just because I actually care about my weight, doesn’t mean I didn’t eat enough.” She snapped rudely. I saw hurt flash in Jules’s eyes as she clenched her fists and looked down, her arms moving subconsciously to her stomach. I clenched my jaw as everyone gave her a death glare and Liam just looked down uncomfortably.

“Let’s just get going.” Alex growled walking into the park and following the trail. “The faster we do, the faster we can try to lose them two.” She mumbled under her breath to me as she passed. I widened my eyes in agreement.

Everyone filed into the park, leaving Jules standing there as her eyes stayed locked on the floor and her hands drifted over her stomach. A lump rose in my throat.

That fucking bitch. Look what she did to Jules. She’s normally so loud and happy but just like any other girl, she has her insecurities and it was easy to see Dani just hit a weak point. I went to open my mouth to say something, but Niall beat me to it.

“Love, don’t you dare think anything bad of yourself right now. She’s just one of those prissy bitches who’s afraid to eat in public.” He spoke quickly and firmly, grabbing both of her shoulders and forcing her to look him in the eye. She gave him a weak smirk, trying not to seem phased.

“S’alright. I’m used to it.” She shrugged, walking after the rest of the group slowly. Niall and I exchanged a glance. Used to it?

“Used to it? What do you mean?” I asked hurrying after her, Niall still stuck to her side.

“I just hear that a lot. My parents make it clear that I should eat less and I know I should, I just… like food.” She shrugged with a small smile. My heart sank a bit. Why would someone tell her that? She’s fine. She doesn’t need to loose weight.

“I don’t know what your parents’ issue is, but they have no right to say that to you. You are perfect, don’t let anyone tell you different love. Please.” Niall spoke, stepping in front of her. Jules grew quiet as she just stared at the ground. I felt a bit awkward seeing they seemed to be have their own moment, so I decided I would speak to Jules about this later, before stepping around the two of them and walking down the path after Louis, Alex, and Harry who were walking a bit behind Liam and Danielle. Maybe if I left them alone, they would finally just kiss and realize that they love each other. Then at least one thing will come out of this visit.

Jules’s POV

“I don’t know what your parents’ issue is, but they have no right to say that to you. You are perfect; don’t let anyone tell you different love. Please.” Niall spoke so softly and sweetly to me. It made my heart speed up and my cheeks flush. What Danielle said was bitchy and uncalled for and it hurt. It hurt like hell. I’m a teenage girl. I have my insecurities, my weight being one of them. I had been lectured by my mother on a daily basis on how I should try to diet and loose the little stomach I had. But I was like Niall. Food was always the one for me.