Chapter Ten: Do You Like It?

Liam’s POV

My heart was pounding in my chest. Too close. I had gotten too close. My thoughts flickered back to how easy it had been to just forget about everything and focus on her. I had almost kissed her for god’s sake. That’s how much of an affect she had on me. I lost all control.

“Liam? You alright mate? You look like you have just seen a ghost.” Niall asked when he noticed me staring into space behind him.

“What? Uh… yeah, I’m fine.” I said quickly. “Do you need any help in here?” I asked trying to get my mind off of things.

“No, I think Jules and I got it.” He said turning back to the food that was on the stove. I nodded and shoved my hands into my pocket, my thoughts returning back to Alex. What I was afraid of happening was indeed happening. I was falling for her. I sighed. If only I hadn’t read that message last year, then we wouldn’t be in this situation.

“Niall, stop eating it or none of it will make it to the damn table!” Jules giggled, shoving Niall away from the stove playfully. Niall chuckled before grabbing her by the waist and pulling her backwards away from the stove as well.

“If I can’t have any neither can you.” He said tauntingly.

“Fine, then the food will burn and none of us will have anything.” She said raising her eyebrow at him. He pouted in defeat before releasing her.

“Ooh!!! Food!” Louis’s yell caught my attention as I turned to see him run past me and over to Jules and Niall, all of them smiling and laughing. Harry followed behind Lou, except he disappeared into the other room to go talk to Alex.

But look how happy everyone is. This benefited everyone. Don’t be selfish. This all happened for a reason.

I grabbed my phone from my pocket and made my way towards the back door.

“I’m going to go call Dani.” I said to the others as I passed. They all gave me a looked at me, not seeming to happy about the fact. I didn’t blame them. I wasn’t even too happy about it. I knew they were right when they kept on telling me that she wasn’t the same sweetheart that she was when we first started dating and that she has been becoming increasingly more bitchy and annoying. I agreed with them. But I loved her.

Or at least I think I did.

Either way I needed to talk to her. Remind myself on why I can’t keep letting myself get too comfortable with Alex.

“Hello?” Dani’s voice rang through the speaker.

“Hey babe.” I said.

“Leeyummm.” She cheered. I chuckled.

“How are you?” I asked.

“Uhhh… I have had one of the worst days…” and that led to her going into one of her rants. I stopped listening after a while like I normally do. I felt bad, but it was always something stupid. This girl could complain about a leaf falling on her head. All I know is this time it had something to do with a fan interrupting her lunch or something. I felt bad because it was my fault, but it wasn’t like the fan hurt her or gave her hate. She just wanted an autograph. She deserved one. Even with Dani putting a bitchy spin on it I can tell the girl had been polite about it.