Chapter Three: This is Going to Take Some Getting Used To

Alex’s POV

I let out a long sigh when Liam walked out the door. He couldn’t even be in the same room as me. Well we seem to be digressing here.

“This guy…” Niall breathed. “Where’s the old LiLi?” He asked with a pout. I chuckled at the Irish boy and ruffled his hair.

“I’m sorry Nialler. Clearly I took him away from you all.” I said with a sigh. Zayn grabbed my ankle giving me a rough glare and Harry wrapped an arm around my waist.

“No you didn’t!” Louis spoke up. “What makes you say that?”

“It’s Alex, that’s what.” Zayn grumbled and leaned back against the couch.

“Sorry for being me.” I sighed.

“Okay!” Jules jumped up. “Enough negativity. Let’s do something. Forget Liam.” She said with an eye roll. This girl used to love every single one of the boys with a passion, now she loved them on a different level, and had a passionate hate for Liam. I guess Maddi had good reasons to hate Liam. And to think we questioned her.

“Alright, what should we do then?” I asked sitting up. Harry hugged my waist and I smiled. I loved all these people so much.

As if on cue my mother got up and walked into the room. She smiled when she saw all of the boys, but paused and gave Harry and I a questioning look.

“Hi Mom.” I said not moving from my cozy spot on Harry’s lap. Let her think what she wants. We’re just friends.

“Hello everyone.” She said with a warm smile. “Alex, start making dinner, we have to leave in an hour to go to softball.” She said and walked off. I rolled my eyes. She was the coach of my team and always got on me to start getting ready hours ahead of time. If we had a game at eight, I had to be getting my uniform on at five. Alright a bit of an exaggeration but still… she got annoying.

I was about to tell the boys that we didn’t have to eat right now and we could do something else but Niall spoke before I could.

“FOOD!!! Alex, what’s for dinner? I’m so hungry!” Alright, so I was stupid to think Niall would let me wait to make dinner. Don’t judge me.

“Of course you are.” I muttered and stood up. Everyone just laughed as Niall ran over to the pantry. I swear I could feel the excitement pulsing off of the boy. I love food as much as the next girl, but jeez Niall. You look like you have just heard of slut brownies.

Never heard of them?

Look it up.

God I want them right now.

“What do you all want to eat?” I asked.

“Can you make pasta?” Niall half yelled and shoved a box into my chest. I laughed and stumbled backwards at the force he hit me with.

“Alright you have to go downstairs and get me like two more boxes if you want there to be enough for everyone.” I laughed at him and as I turned to walk into the kitchen, pulling out a big pot and filling it with water. He nodded quickly and ran down the stairs.

“Do you need help?” Zayn asked politely.

“Actually, all of you can help.” I responded.

“Dammit Zayn!” Louis whined.

“Why did you have to drag us into this?” Harry pouted. Jules just stood there and took on the same expression as the two boys. I shot daggers at all of them.

“Fine. I’ll just have Zayn and Niall help me.” I shrugged. They all cheered and ran out of the room.

“Fuckfaces.” I whispered under my breath. Zayn chuckled and Niall came bolting back up the basement steps, carrying two boxes of pasta in his hand.