Chapter Twenty-Three: Boy Band Withdrawal

Alex’s POV

“Alex?!” I heard someone yell and slam their hands down on the desk in front of me. I jolted up, blinking my eyes rapidly and looking up to see my math teacher glaring down at me looking very angry. I contained an eye roll. Leave me the fuck alone.

“Yes?” I asked sleepily and annoyed. She rolled her eyes at me.

“Am I boring you? Would you rather go down to the nurse’s office where you can have a nice pillow and you can sleep the day away?” she asked me snottily. Honestly, didn’t sound like a bad idea.

“That’s a great idea actually.” I snapped. “I’ll get going. Thanks.” I said, gathering my books and walking out of the classroom, the rest of the class chuckling after me, staring wide eyed. Yup. I just left. Get over it.

                A week and a half since the boys left and I’m an absolute mess. I’m not paying attention in school or doing my work or sleeping. Hell I’m barely talking. Only to Jules really, or when I have to. And a lot of the times I have attitude when I do. My Mom has told me I’m never allowed to see them again after all of the attitude I’ve gained since they’ve gone. To be honest all my mother and family is doing is making it all worse. So much for them always being there for me.

I wish I could just say it was because they were gone and I missed them, which was a major reason, I know that. But I knew it was the fact that Liam took every last part of me and smashed into pieces and left. And now there is literally no one to pick up the pieces. Not Jules. Not my family. No one.

I’ve felt physically sick for the past few days. I think I’m doing it to myself. I’m constantly thinking negatively and reminding myself of Maddi and how much I miss her. This will be the fourth time I’ve ended up in the nurses office in the past week. It’s become a pretty normal thing. My Mom hasn’t let me miss school though, claiming this is all an act to get back at her for kicking the guys out. She still doesn’t know that they were at Jules’s the other day. She thinks the last time I saw them was the night of the accident. Maybe that would have been better…

I haven’t really talked to the boys much since they left. I mean all of them (excluding Liam obviously) text me every day. Niall texted me his goodbye when he got to London, and I had a brief conversation then but since then I haven’t spoken much to him, unless he’s chatting with his girlfriend. Zayn tries to call and so does Lou and Harry sometimes even, but I can never bring myself to answer. I know that I’m only making it worse by pushing the only people I really care about away from me, but it’s not like it makes much of a difference being there’s an ocean between us.

“Miss Dimanni.” I heard the nurse’s disappointed voice. I looked up from the floor to see the polite young lady look at me skeptically, taking off her glasses. “Why are you back here?” she asked. I used to never go to the nurse during school. In just a week this woman had my name down by heart.

“Fell asleep in class. Miss. Dorr recommended I come here. So here I am.” I groaned sitting on a chair. She let out a sigh.

“Why are you coming here so often? No one has had issues with you up until this past week.” She said sounding generally confused. I shrugged.