Chapter Twenty: The Aftermath

Alex’s POV

“I-Is everyone okay?” I stuttered out. Thankfully I was conscious and even though my head and stomach hurt, I don’t think I’m too badly injured. And judging from the breathing and noises everyone else was making they were okay too.

“I’m alright.” I heard Harry say from behind us.

“Ow.” Louis mumbled, but since he was speaking, he was okay.

“I’m okay.” Zayn sighed slowly.

“I-I’m okay…” Jules stuttered out.

“Good here.” Niall murmured after. It went silent and my heart sank in my chest. I turned in my seat to look at Liam. The windshield was cracked ant his side of the car was a bit messed up, but it could have definitely been worse.

But Liam still hadn’t spoken.

“Liam?” I asked, my voice sounding strangled. “Liam are you okay?” I asked again, reaching out my arm to go and touch him to see if he would respond but I stopped when he shifted.

“I’m fine.” He growled, opening his eyes to look at me. He had a cut on his head and he looked rattled and irritated, but not fatally injured. I breathed a sigh of relief.

“J-Just get out of the car so we can get ourselves together…” Zayn commanded with a sigh. We all obeyed, struggling with our seatbelts and doors, climbing out of the car and stumbling away. My ankle was once again hurting as it was the one that got knocked against the side of the door. I swear by the time I’m twenty I’m going have no feeling left in it.

“Oh my God, can one of you please just cut my damn ankle off my body?” I growled and walked over to the side and sat down, rubbing it gingerly. Zayn sent me a look of sympathy.

“You hurt it again?” he asked coming over and sitting next to me. He looked relatively unscathed, except for any bruises that may be unseen to me. I nodded.

“Not like we were just in a car accident or anything.” I growled. A look of anger immediately flashed in Zayn’s eyes.

“Let me see your arm.” He commanded, holding his hand out. I shot him a curious look, but then remembered the iron hard grip Liam had around it before we crashed. I bit my lip. I didn’t want to look.

“I-It’s fine Zayn’ there’s more important things to worry about.” I shrugged, pulling my sleeve down a bit more. He didn’t listen though, just shot his arm out and grabbed it, rolling up my sleeve and examining it. His entire face hardened and his eyes narrowed at the sight. I bit my lip and looked down. It wasn’t all that bad, but you could still see the clear hand print around it. I held back the tears.

Why was he doing this to me?

“God dammit Liam!” Zayn cursed standing up and spinning around, marching over to the brown haired boy standing off to the side. Liam’s gaze turned to Zayn and I could tell he wasn’t completely focused on the anger radiating from his friend. His mind was somewhere else. “I’m so done with you. You’ve turned into the biggest douche bag on the planet for absolutely no reason. You left a fucking mark on her arm for God’s sake and you just crashed the damn van in the process! Are you trying to kill us? Are you trying to ruin all of our lives?” Zayn shouted, getting in his face. Liam blinked a few times, slowly drawing out of his daze, before he pushed the older boy away from him.