Chapter Twenty-Four: Too Little Too Late

Liam’s POV

I let out a long breath, my mind spinning as I settled down in bed. I knew I wasn’t going to be able to rest. Not until I was sure she was okay. I rolled over and closed my eyes trying to convince myself to get to sleep and that the faster I could do so, the sooner I could figure out a way to fix it all.

I opened my eyes again and looked around my dark bedroom, the thoughts and worries clouding  my mind and making it feel like someone was trying to suffocate me. I took a deep breath, filling my lungs with oxygen that they were having trouble getting. My heart was beating too fast for me to relax as on thought pounded in my mind.

What if it’s already too late?

I tried to ignore it as I wrapped my fists in the duvet and took another deep breath, rolling over once again and staring at the empty space that was beside me. I could remember the time when Danielle used to fill that space every night, cuddling up next to me out hearts beating together as we slept peacefully. Whenever I was away my heart would ache for more of those nights, but now, the thought of them just disgusted me. It was never her I wanted beside me. I wanted so badly to rewind to the night I had fallen asleep with Alex in my arms. That was the one night that I was thinking about since I had gotten back. That was the one night I wanted to relive. That’s what I wanted now.

Her to be here in my arms.

I heard my phone vibrate from the table next to my bed. I rolled my eyes and didn’t even bother to check it. I was sure it was just another text or something from Danielle harassing me about what happened today. She had been texting and calling nonstop telling me that it wasn’t over. It just irritated me. She wasn’t upset or heartbroken or anything that may have made me feel for her, she was just being nasty and rude, sounding more irritated by the break up than hurt. She had been tweeting nasty and angry tweets all day causing fans to get upset and confused which led to them all asking me what had happened. Let’s just say I have avoided twitter and any other social networking site all day.

Ignore it and go to sleep Liam. Tomorrow you have a lot of things to figure out.

And with that thought, slowly but surely, I fell into a very restless sleep.

Alex’s POV

“Come to my house.” Jules begged, tugging on my arm as we walked down the street. I groaned and rolled my eyes.

“Why?” I whined.

“Because I’m not letting you sit home and do nothing on a Friday night, and Niall is going to be on skype at three our time. It’ll be good to talk to him and any of the other guys that may be there. They’re all really worried about you, you know.” She told me.

“I don’t need to sit there and watch you and Niall flirt over a computer screen. I just want to be by myself.” I told her biting my lip. I subconsciously looked down at my arm and tugged at my sleeve.

“No. You’re coming to my house. Even if it is for a little while. Being alone is just making you feel worse.” She argued and dragged me down the street at a faster pace. I let out a defeated sigh. There was no point.

“So things with you and Niall going good?” I asked dully, just wanting to break the silence that had fallen over us.

“It’s only been a week, but yeah.” She said, her cheeks tinting red. “He’s gotten the time difference down so I he texts me before school every morning just to say good morning and to have a great day. And whenever he can find the time to call or skype he is and he’s complimenting me all the time and honestly he’s just… completely perfect.” She said dreamily. I smiled at her, really happy for my friend.