Chapter One: Finding Her

Liam’s POV

“Take us to this address.” I said and handed the paper to Louis who was sitting in the driver’s seat.

“What am I? Your personal Chauffer?” He shot back at me.

“For now you are.” I told him. I had told the boys about the message I had received a month ago from that Alex girl. They all agreed that we should do something for her. Even if she was looking for sympathy or wasn’t a huge fan, she had reached out in a good manner and she had to need a pick me up. That was what our job was today.

We had all decided to visit her when we stopped in NYC on the tour. She lived on Long Island so it wasn’t that far away. Our first concert here wasn’t until tomorrow night so we had all day to do what we wanted. So Alex was getting a visit.

“This is a good thing we’re doing.” Harry smiled. We all nodded.

“Of course.” Niall answered him.

“I don’t know what we’re going to say to her though. We can’t bring her mate back.” Harry frowned.

“Just say that we saw her message to me and we’re sorry for her loss.” I shrugged. Harry was right. There was nothing we could really do to comfort her. I just wanted her to know that I didn’t ignore her message.

Alex’s POV

“How are you doing?” a girl asked me for the millionth time that day. I narrowed my eyes and didn’t respond. I slammed my locker shut and shoved a few books in my bag before spinning around to walk away. Unfortunately, I wasn’t getting anywhere. Jules was standing right in front of me.

“Hey.” I sighed.

“Hi, wanna walk home with me?” she asked. I nodded and sniffled, feeling tears coming on. We could use each other at this moment.

“Walk with me back to my house.” I said and we headed towards the main entrance of the school.

“I can’t believe it’s been a whole month.” Jules sighed, saying what we had both been thinking the entire day. I nodded and a silent tear escaped my eye. A month ago my life changed forever, and it would never be the same again.

“I miss her.” I choked out. Jules nodded and we walked silently for a while. Maddi’s death had clearly affected us the most. We were always the three musketeers. We went everywhere together, did everything together, talked about everything together. It was insane how close we were. Now Jules and I felt like we were left behind. The only good thing that had come out of this was the fact that Jules and I had grown even closer since Maddi’s death. But it still wasn’t worth it. It would never be worth it.

“One Direction arrived in New York today.” Jules said randomly. I smirked slightly. Those five boys were the one thing that made Jules laugh and smile recently, and even me too. Jules had always been the obsessed directioner and she kind of sucked Maddi and I into it. We never obsessed like she did, but we knew everything Jules knew about them.

“Cool.” I said. I remembered sending Liam that message two days after Maddi passed away. He never responded, and I understood that. It was kind of a false hope to think he would. Not that it mattered either way. Typing it out had made me feel a tinsy bit better on its own. I never told Jules about it. It wasn’t really necessary. “How long are they here for?” I asked her.

“Four days. I want my sister to take me into the city tomorrow just for the hell of it. To be in the same city as them.” She said. I rolled my eyes playfully at her.

“I doubt she will. We’re on Long Island, they’re in the city, isn’t that close enough?” I asked her. She looked at me and gave me that look that said, ‘Oh hell no bitch, you should know this by now’. I just smirked.

We continued the walk back to my house, Jules talking about 1D like always, but carefully avoiding the names Louis and Liam because they both made us think about Maddi.

“Did you tell your Mom that I was coming back here?” Jules asked when silence had settled over us. I shook my head as we walked up my driveway.

“She’ll figure it out. I don’t think she’s even home right now.” I said and pulled my key out of my bag as we walked up the front porch. Jules nodded and she stood there while I went to unlock the door.

“Uhh… Alex… why is a van pulling up in front of your house?” Jules said slowly and tapped my shoulders. I turned around to see a black van pull up in front of my house.

“Maybe they have candy…?” I said slowly.

“Oh my God…” Jules gasped as the door opened. From my angle I couldn’t see who it was but Jules looked frozen. It was obviously somebody we knew. Somebody finally came into view and my heart stopped beating.

“D-Don’t freak…” I commanded Jules roughly, grabbing her wrist. There standing at the end of my drive way, was Niall Horan. Jules looked at me wide eyed and I just watched as four other boys piled out of the van. The last person to come into my view the one and only Liam Payne. The minute I saw him my heart sped up and I realized why they were all here. My message. They were here because of my message. Without saying another word to Jules I dropped my bag and ran off my porch running as fast as I could and falling into Liam’s arms. I let the tears fall down my face and he wrapped his arms around me and held me close to him, not questioning anything.

I took a deep breath and finally spoke. “Thank you.”

This may be and probably is the shortest chapter I've ever written. Sorry, It had to be divided up this way. The next chapter is longer. Promise

What do you all think so far?? ;)

FAN

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

DO THE HOKEY POKEY!!!!

Thank yousss :)