01- Aelin

I run. I run as fast and far as i can. My back is screaming in pain. Just before i escaped one of the soldiers sliced my back open. I run over the bridge of the freezing river. I hear someone and run faster. My feet pounding on the old rotted wood. Suddenly the wood snaps beneath my feet and i fall through the bridge into the freezing water. The fast water rushes against me. I swim up with all my strength. As i get closer and closer to the surface my limbs get stiffer and stiffer. I try and use my fire to heat myself but i can't access it under the water. I can't focus. My vision starts to fade as i make my way to the top. The last thing i see is a glowing figure holding out her hand. I reach out but the darkness claims me.

I wake up in a forest. I take in the scent of pine trees and, and. My stomach lurches sweat. Its gross. I look around. Where am i? How did I get here? I rack my brain for any memory of what happened but all i can come up with is a name and title. My name is Aelin Ashryver Galathynius and i am the princess of terrasen. I dont know where terrasen is though and i cant remember anything about it. . I don't know who my family is. I must be lapsing into momentary amnesia. I dont know what that exactly means but it makes me feel better. I walk towards the smelly people. Maybe they can help me.

I groan aloud. This is taking so damn long. I slap a hand to my mouth. That is not a good word. I decide to shift into my fae form and start running towards the smelly people. When i get closer i lie close to the floor and observe. I see winged fae males training and females working. What in the world? Why arent the females training? Some of the best warriors in terrasen are females. I look around the camp and see a female cowering on the floor. A male looming above her. He is going to strike her. I run out from my place in bushes. Towards the female in danger. When i get there i throw my body in front of the male. He hesitates and i knee him in the man parts. I spin to the female.

"Run" i urge and she scurries away.

I turn back to the male just in time to see his fist rushing to meet my face. Shit, shit is all i can think before i get thrown back from the impact of the strike. I slump against the wall and my head hits the wall with a sickening crack. I bring my hand to the back of my head and feel something wet and warm soaking my hand. I pull my hand away and see blood. that cant be good. I look up and see more males standing over me.

"Look at what we have here" says one

"A pretty little lady all to ourselves" says another i cower away.

"Awww isn't that sweet?" says the original one.

I get up and run away screaming bloody murder. One catches me and carries me up into the sky. I scream and claw at his chest. He doesn't let go. He holds me hundreds of meters above the ground in one hand and hits my face over with the other. I scream and try and grab onto him to stop myself from plunding to my death.

"Bu-bai now little girl" he says

I scream as he drops me. I scream as i plunge to the floor. And just before i hit the ground someone grabs me from out of the sky. He wraps me in his large arms and i hold onto him for dear life. I cry in his arms as he carries me away.