Darkness Rising, Part 4 (1)

Dozens upon dozens of Terrorcon Cybertronian warriors slowly emerged from their eternal slumber, some brandishing weapons as they slowly charged towards the horrified Optimus and Ratchet. "Megatron has desecrated the resting place of our fallen ancestors and his own." Ratchet said in anger. "Not even the dead are free from his war-mongering." Optimus said in despair before he and Ratchet prepared for battle. Meanwhile Megatron watched the scene with a cruel smirk as his Terrorcon army headed towards his long time enemy. "At last, symbiosis." Megatron said. "I can feel it. I possess complete control over my army." Megatron turned to his army and issued a command. "DESTROY THEM!" The Terrorcon Cybertronians did as they were told and slowly charged towards Optimus and Ratchet.

    Optimus slid his face mask into place as he opened fire on the Terrorcons, blasting undead Cybertronians after undead Cybertronian only for them to either be unfazed or get back up just as quickly as they were knocked down. "Optimus, if our combatants are already deceased, how can we possibly defeat them?!" Ratchet asked in desperation as he and Optimus backed away from the undead army.

Transformers meets the Iron Giant Title Page
Darkness Rising, Part 4

    Optimus continued to fire upon the Terrorcons as he made sure to stay a ways away from the army. "Ratchet, retreat!" Optimus ordered his old friend. "Bridge yourself back to base!" "No!" Ratchet replied, transforming his hands into blades. "I shall stand with you, Optimus. You may require a medic when this is over with." Ratchet quickly joined Optimus at his side as he charged into the fray, slicing at multiple Terrorcons and cutting them apart piece by piece. It was then that Ratchet noticed something: the more he sliced apart the army, the quicker the undead souls returned to rest. "I recommend dissection!" Ratchet suggested to Optimus as they stood back-to-back. "The smaller the piece the better!" "Sound advice, old friend." Optimus agreed, deactivating his blasters before transforming them into blades, charging into the fray.

    Optimus and Ratchet began to make quick work of the first line of Terrorcons, slicing them to pieces before Optimus glanced up at Megatron who stared down at them. "I have mastered dark energon." Megatron glated. "When you fall, Optimus, you, too, shall join my army!" Optimus narrowed his eyes before charging back into battle, slicing every Terrorcons that got in his way as Ratchet followed close behind.

***

    The Vehicon troopers atop the flight deck of the Nemesis opened fire on Jack and Raf who stood down below, the boys quickly trying to dodge before one blast almost succeeded in hitting Raf, knocking him to the ground. Jack quickly rushed to Raf's side to help him up. It was at this time that Bulkhead transformed his alt-mode and drove over to the boys. "GET IN! NOW!" Bulkhead ordered which the boys quickly did. Once the boys were inside Bulkhead floored it and began to drive away from the Decepticon warship, dodging the continual blaster fire of the troopers above. "Thanks, Bulkhead." Jack sighed. "Yeah, thanks.' Raf said appreciatively. "Wh-what are you doing here?" Bulkhead questioned. "We were worried about Miko and Robin." Jack explained. "Have you seen them?" "What do they look like?" Miko jokes, her and Robin popping up from behind Bulkhead's backseat as they smiled.

    "It's sweet how much you guys care." Robin taunted. Bulkhead soon pulled up behind a large rock and opened his doors. "Everyone out." Bulkhead ordered. "And this time, please wait here!" The teens all got out before Bulkhead closed his doors and drove out from behind the large rock they'd taken cover behind and headed towards the Nemesis. Bulkhead skillfully dodged the continual blaster fire of the trooper above as he drove under the warship, making a u-turn and driving up a nearby slope where he launched himself into the air and transformed into his robot form. Bulkhead soon latched onto the side of the canyon, climbing up until they reached the edge of the warship and jumped on board. The Vehicon troopers quickly rushed towards Bulkhead, the Wrecker quickly grabbing onto an unsuspecting Vehicon's foot and threw him over the side of the ship.