Recording

It's the day of recording my first real song. I'm a cover artist for YouTube so I normally record and compose all of my covers myself, but today, my boyfriend, Dom, otherwise known as Yungblud, hooked me up with his producing team to record my first original song that I worked with him for. He's also going to be on the track which is going to be very exciting because this song was about our relationship.
"Come on, love, we're gonna be late!" Dom shouted up to me as I finished my make up.
"I'll be there now, just two seconds!"
"Oh babe, you've said that for the past 15 minutes!" Dom started to whine impatiently. I rolled my eyes and packed up my make up. I grabbed my black Dr. Martin boots and ran downstairs.
"Oh my god! You haven't even got your shoes on yet?!" Dom laughed as I sat on the steps, sliding the boots onto my feet.
"I've been busy, shut up." I whined, still focusing on my shoes.
"Well, I'm gonna wait in the car. Love you." Dom took my car keys and kissed me on the head before leaving the front door. Once I finish tying my laces, I grabbed my guitar bag, along with my essential bag from the bannister and rushed out the door, locking it behind me. I jumped into the car and asked Dom for the keys. I put them in and started the ignition.

Time skip~~~~

I pulled up outside the recording studio and grabbed my bag from the backseat. Dom and I jumped out of the car and started to run into the building.
"Race you!" Dom calls out.
"Argh, you dickhead!!" I shout after him, trying to catch up. Dom barged into our recording room, me not far behind calling him all sorts of names as I entered. There, I was greeted by Dom's producer, Matt, who was laughing at us barging into the room.
"Alright, Matty?" Dom asked him, still out of breath from running.
"Yes, yes I am, how've you been" Matt replied, still laughing at us.
"All good, all good. This is (y/n)." Dom put his arm around me, introducing me.
"Hey there, it's a pleasure." Matt held out his hand for a handshake. I accepted, being polite.
"No, no. Pleasure's all mine." I huffed out, still out of breath.

We all sat down, discussing how we wanted the recording to sound like after listening to the recording we did at home.
"I reckon you take the chords we wrote and give them a Wake-Me-Up-When-September-Ends kind of vibe." Dom suggested.
"Oh yeah? I was thinking a similar thing."
"Well, writing your own music is all about merging ideas you have with other songs of a similar genre, so I think that sounds perfect." Matt lectured me slightly, knowing this was a first time thing for me. I nodded and jumped up.
"So... what do we start with?" I asked, feeling the excitement build inside me.
"Be good to start with the background music. I'll get on the drums and we'll rehearse a bit before recording. That sound good, Matt?" Dom suggested, jumping up after me. Matt nodded and lead us into the instruments. I unlocked my guitar and made sure it was tuned while Dom familiarised himself with the drum kit.

Once everything was all tuned and ready to go, I started playing the chords on my guitar. With the riffs of the guitar, Dom started to play a beat that went with the song. After the intro, I started to sing the whole song by myself.
"That sounds sick." Dom shouts from behind me. I looked back at him smiling.
"And not to get too cheesy, I could listen to you sing all day." He winked. We practiced the same pattern another two times before we started recording it. We played the drums and guitar together before incorporating a bass guitar and vocals.

We took a break before singing the song. Dom and I got in the car to go and grab coffee somewhere to bring back to the studio.
"I don't think I compliment your singing as much as I should." Dom says, out of the blue, still looking out of the car window. I looked at him for a second with a questioned look.
"What?" I asked with a smile.
"You have such an amazing voice and I think that I need to start saying this more often because not enough people in your personal life say it to you. I could literally listen to your voice all day." Dom took my left hand from the steering wheel (the brits drive on the right side of the road) and kissed it, then put it onto the gearstick. This earned a smile from me.
"Thank you, Dommy Bear. I can easily say the same to you." Dom blushed and I focused on the road again.

Once we got back from Starbucks with coffee in our hands, we went back into the recording studio and started practicing the lyrics. I sang the first verse and the first chorus, Dom sang the second verse and we duetted on the second chorus. We shared the bridge and the final chorus, then the outro plays and were done. After rehearsing this a few times, we recorded a few takes, improvising high notes in each take. Two hours pass and the song is complete. I was exhausted but I was still hyped at the fact I've recorded my first original song.
"Oh my god, I'm so excited for this to release!!" I jumped up and down, hugging Dom after I landed for the final time.
"Welcome to showbiz, baby." Dom hugged me and spun me around, still hyped up with me. Matt, laughing at us again, congratulated us on finishing the song. We helped Matt clear up the studio before grabbing our things and putting them in the car.
"Thanks again, Matty. You're a legend for helping us put this together." Dom hugged Matt before jumping into the car. We drove home, calming down from the hype we were on.

We pulled up on our drive and I took my things from the back seat again. We walked through the front door and flopped down onto the couch. Dom held his arms out, wanting me to cuddle him. I shuffled towards him, placing my legs over the armrest of the couch. My head was on Dom's shoulder and his head was on top of mine, his arms wrapped around me and my left around his torso.
"Today was so much fun, my love. I'm glad I was able to share it with you." Dom gushed, closing his eyes in the dark living room.
"I'm glad too, baby. Thank you for helping me with the track."
"Thank you for having me on it. The release is gonna be fuckin' mental." And with that, we both started to drift off on the couch, not worrying about going to bed because you both were that exhausted.