Jamming and Writing With Him

"Ok, I got us some drinks, let's jam!" I call out to my boyfriend as I burst through the door with a glass of wine and a bottle of beer. Dom always wanted me to have a jamming session with him as I know how to play guitar and I kinda know my way around singing a little bit.
"Woo! You've got no clue how fuckin' FUN this is gonna be!" Dom exclaims while taking the bottle of beer from my hand, placing it next to him on the desk beside him.
"Ok, then, Yungblud. What are we starting with?"
"I'm thinking that I wanna play some of my songs with you, then I wanna write one with you."
"Write one?..."  I'm not the best songwriter. In fact, I can barely read sheet music. I just know how to strum a few chords on guitar.
"Come on, what can be so hard in writing a few lyrics on a piece of paper?"
"Umm... I don't know. Maybe not having the talent and experience with it."
"Well, that's what I'm here for. Come on, (y/n). For me?" Dom shot me his puppy dog eyes, knowing I can't help but give in to them.
"Fine. Don't expect it to be good, though." I roll my eyes as I accept the challenge. Dom jumps up from his seat, shouting a big "whoop whoop" before taking his seat once more. I giggle and listen to my guitar strings, making sure they're all in tune.

Once everything is ready, we decide to play "King Charles." Dom raps the first verse and we both sing the chorus. It came to the second verse and Dom relies on me to rap it. Here goes nothing. As I play the chords, I start rapping:
"I see you just royal pretenders, too sober to spend us. You talk about lease but then no one surrenders."
Dom starts shouting in approval as soon as I finish the last word. This gives me a boost of confidence and I rap the next part of the verse with a bit more sass and anger to match the way he performs it live:
"From a cynical man, we don't fucking plan, when it all goes wrong, there'll be no confession." Dom joins in with the background melody as I move onto the next lines:
"Only a digression, a concession, a society's aggression. We'll create a phenomenal compression on the heads of the youth, what do we do? What do we do, man, what do we do? What do we do, man, what do we do?" I end the verse with a big "WOO!" before singing the chorus with Dom again. Finally the end of the song come and we're so hyped.
"Oh my god, that was SICK!!" Dom exclaims, running around the room with his guitar.
"Come on, you've got me hyped up now. Let's do more!"

After we spend about an hour of jamming, we take a break to order food. We played pretty much all of the songs he has ever released, JUST as a warm up, at least they were his words. We were both a little bit sweaty and out of breath. Dom and I didn't even finish our first drinks because we were playing song after song. Once we ordered food, we finish our drink while discussing what we wanted the song to be about.
"Hey, why not a love song. You don't write things like that very often."
"Nah. Not really what I'm about. If I'm to write something about love, it's a poem, not a song. Something I can read instead of sing, you know what I mean?"
"There's... no harm in it though, right?" I really wanted Dom to write a love song. It seemed like such a romantic idea to work on a love song together. To jam out and pitch in on ideas that we had. That's a perfect night in my eyes.
"Well, no. Not really... maybe it can be yours rather than mine." Dom suggested. I haven't actually released any music. I'm a cover artist on YouTube so I've never really focused on making my own stuff.
"Why not. It'd be good getting my own stuff out there for once." The more I thought about it, the more I realised I could get more experience in song writing after this.

About an hour had passed and we'd finished eating what we ordered. We had half a song in a notebook. We were reviewing the verses and chorus that we had written, seeing what should change and what sounds good where. I decided I wanted to practice with my ukulele for this song as the lyrics are more soft and cute, unlike anything that Dom has written, which was a change. I was going to record with an acoustic guitar.
"So I think, for these lyrics," Dom sang the lyric, making sense of what he thought we should do with it. "I think we should change the chords up, slightly. Maybe like this..." He picked up his guitar and replicated my ukulele chords with it. Watching Dom write music is fascinating to me. Seeing him focus on something he's passionate about makes me think that he definitely has his head screwed on the right way. It makes me proud, since we've been together since before he discovered "Yungblud." Even then, we've been best friends since we were little, so even if we weren't together but we were still friends, I'd probably be just as proud.

Time passed and eventually the song was complete. We ran it through a couple of times before recording a rough track of what we've done. We recorded as a duo to begin with so that I remembered how to sing and play it.
"You should practice this a few times tomorrow, then record it for YouTube. This is sick." Dom suggested as he started packing away.
"You think?"
"Yeah, man. Oh my god, wait! No, you should get it properly recorded and make a music video for it. Get it done professionally. You've always made music videos yourself, how sick would it be if you had a whole crew behind you, helping you through it. That'd be class!" Dom couldn't stop rambling. He really wanted the song to do well.
"I'd love to, Dom... only..." I thought of a little plan we could hatch together.
"Only?..."
"If you'd be a part of it... you don't have to, but I think it'd be better if I had you by my side, playing it. After all, each idea I put into this song was about you or had something to do with you." I tried to make a convincing case, after all, I wasn't lying. Each idea I contributed was about him.
"I... you know what? I'd love to." I immediately smile.
"You. You're the absolute best" I run up and jump into Dom's arms and kiss his cheek. After laughing, Dom moves his face and cups mine with his right hand. He stands there, smiling as he admires everything about my face. I can't help but smile back and do the same thing. Eventually, he pulls me in and kisses me. I get instant butterflies as soon as our lips collide. It's slow and it's passionate. I smile through the kiss, happy that I'm where I am. My boyfriend being not only a talented performer, but a down-to-earth man who seems to have his life together. After we pull apart, I take the lyric sheet and the chord sheet and take them upstairs to mine and Dom's bedroom where I keep a folder for all my music stuff. Dom follows me up. Once a put the folder back where it was, I feel a sudden force. I was being pulled into my bed. I was caught by a pair of strong, pale arms and then greeted with multiple kisses on the cheek. I try to pull myself up but the arms around me refused.
"Dom, let me get up!" I laugh, wanting to cuddle into my boyfriend.
"Nyo. You stay here with me!" Dom whines back like a little baby.
"Babe, I will, I just wanna get cozy." I rub his arms as they start to loosen their grip. I sit up and let Dom get comfy before me. I sit in his lap and then lay down so my head is on his chest and he's holding me, rubbing my back, slowly.
"We'll get that song out soon, love. And I can't wait to be on it." Dom said with a kiss on my head before we fell asleep.

I'm gonna do another story to follow this up