Long-Distance

I'm 18 years old and I moved in with my boyfriend Dom about two years ago. We have lived together for so long that we forgot what it's like to be without each other. I took it upon myself to study in Japan for a year and let's just say that the conversation we had wasn't the best.

"Hey bub" I said, walking into mine and Dom's shared bedroom.

"Hey you!" He said, jumping up from the bed to give me hugs and kisses.

"Y-you're gonna have to sit back down for what I'm about to tell you. I know you're not really gonna like it..." I said, slowly descending onto the bed. Dom followed.

"What's the problem. I'm not in trouble, am I?" Dom said, half-joking. I shook my head.

"No, love. I just... need to tell you something you're probably not going to like it." My head sunk as I spoke. Dom stared at me, concerned.

"I'm... I'm moving away... for a while..." I admitted quietly.

"You... what? You're leaving?" Dom's voice became shaken. I knew he was going to be upset because of this.

"H-have I done something wrong?" Dom asked, tears starting to roll down his cheek.

"Oh, Dom, no... No, no, no. It has nothing to do with you. I'm studying in a college that isn't here, is all" I sigh of relief left my boyfriend's parted lips.

"Will I still be able to see you?" He asked quietly. I sighed and shook my head.

"No... Dom. Not unless you want to be paying for plane tickets for Japan every time you want to see me." I joked and chuckled slightly. I could feel my eyes burning up and tears beginning to fill my eyes.

"Only for a year, yeah?" Dom asked lightly, tears still falling from his dreamy green eyes. I nodded, knowing that I would burst out crying if I spoke. As I looked down to my thighs, I felt a sudden warmth from the left side of my body. It was Dom's arms, wrapped around my upper body. All I could do was fall into him and fully receive his embrace. In the warmth that I felt became an urge to let my tears spill from my eyes. As I cried, I felt Dom's chest rapidly move up and down. He was crying too. I turned to fully face him and give him a hug in return. We sat in silence, crying for a minute, then released and looking into each other's eyes.

"I'm sorry... I shouldn't go" I said, feeling guilty for even thinking about this.

"Don't you dare. If you want to study away, you do it. You're pursuing your dreams, don't let me stop you." Dom said, still crying.

"You're sure you'll be alright on your own?" I asked him, knowing how his thoughts can get to him at times.

"I'll manage. If I need you, I'll call... when are you leaving?"

"Next week. My plane is early in the morning, though."

"I'll go with you" Dom said abruptly.

"Dom... you don't have to."

"But I will. I want to send you off and make sure that you get on your plane safely." I giggled at him and his generosity.

~~ Time Skip ~~

The day has come. I'm finally leaving to Japan. I've been dreading this day since I told Dom I was leaving. I know our goodbyes are going to be tough, but I'm just going to have to suck it up. I called a cab and waited for it to arrive. As I waited, I gathered my suitcase and backpack with all of my belongings inside. When the cab arrived, I called for Dom and we both departed. It was a quiet journey to Heathrow Airport as Dom and I both didn't really know what to say.