Step-Dad

So, I have a really abusive step-dad (who I like to call step-ass) who doesn't leave me alone. He always pushes me around, always gives me an attitude and always speaks down to me. He fully degraded me to the point where my decent mental health is no more. It reached a point eventually where he would get drunk while my mum was out and he'd hurt me... physically. He's punched me, kicked me, hit me with an object... he'd do anything for me to be in some form of pain. And yes... I can hear you asking "(Y/N), why don't you go to the police?" Well... he's part of a gang... a huge gang... close enough to the mafia but it isn't the mafia... if you catch my drift. So my step-dad has many people on speed dial that will heartlessly kill everyone I've ever loved, not to mention myself too. At least this is what he's told me and it's not like it's a joke where I can chuckle about it, he seems deadly serious so I really don't want to take the chance, for my family's sake. There's always been one person who has kept my mind off the whole thing and that's Dom... my boyfriend. I live in Manchester you see and Dom lives in London so it's either he'll come to stay at my house for a while... or he meets me at the underground so he can take me to his place to stay. I'm so grateful for him and all he does for me. This is just a snippet of what he helps me through...

"Why are you always like this?!" I scream to Chris, my step-dad. Like always, he was being really fucking rude and wouldn't leave me alone.

"Why am I LIKE THIS?? You're the one causing trouble! Always giving me an attitude and side-eyeing me. I'm your step-dad, I'm supposed to be a fucking FATHER FIGURE TO YOU!!" He yelled back at me, raising his arm. I flinched to what I knew was going to hurt. He hit me on my cheek, then lifted his other arm to hit me again. As he continued, I started to cry and run away.

"You get the FUCK BACK HERE NOW!!! YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM ME!!!" My step-ass' voice slurred through the house as I ran. This was the only escape I had and I needed to take it. I ran straight into my room, locked the door, hid behind the wardrobe in my bedroom and called the only person who could possibly help me.

"Hey, love!"
"Dom..." I whispered down the phone.
"Woah, you ok? You sound out of breath."
"Dom, he's after me..." My voice immediately started to break.
"W-what?? Again?!" Dom immediately became worried and panicked from what I could hear.
"I've literally just got off the bus, I'm almost at your place, you're lucky I'm here!"
"He's trying to break down my door. I'm scared, Dom!" I sobbed down the phone.
"It's ok to be scared, darlin'. I'm just around the corner, I'll be there in a second." I mumbled a positive response and ended the call just as my Chris burst into the room. I heard my door collapse and the lock noisily land on the floor. I held my breath as he walked past the wardrobe I was behind.

"I know you're there (Y/N)... I'm not stupid!" He growled, still slurring from the alcohol.
"But you are a drunk asshole" I thought to myself. While he was too busy in his own world looking for me, I grabbed my shoes from by my now-broken door and quietly ran downstairs and into the kitchen. I put my shoes on quickly in the kitchen and snooped around for my inhaler which I then found in the living room. Once I obtained it, I heard Dom's knock at the door, which was my que to GTFO, basically. I grabbed my keys from the counter by the front door and ran out faster than I thought I would. Once the front door was closed, I took Dom's hand and dragged him out of the street until we both couldn't run anymore. Once we stopped running, I immediately collapsed on the floor and started to cry hard.

"D-darlin'? Y-you ok?..." Dom asked through deep breaths. I shook my head, still not being able to speak. I felt Dom's comfortable arms wrap around me from behind.

"What was he going to do? Did he narrate it like he always does?" Dom joked, hoping to get at least a giggle out of me yet to no avail.

"No" I mumbled. "I-I don't know b-but he seemed a-a lot more angry than he n-normally is... I assumed h-he was gonna really f-fucking hurt me." I turned around and cried into Dom's shoulder. I continued telling him my experience as he held me close.