"I Feel Like You Don't Really Love Me Anymore"

Dom and I had moved out together a while ago and got engaged a few months after. The months following were the best months of my life, we seemed so much more in love. But with the happiness came more jealousy, especially for Dom. He had always been a jealous person, as much as he wanted me to be friends with everyone, he still felt jealous with every guy I spoke to, even down to his friends, like Adam or Tom. One of my ways to have a conversation with people, no matter who it is, I jokingly flirt, which Dom often forgets. This one specific time, we had invited Adam, Tom, and a few other friends around for a drink. We had planned to play some drinking games so we had a table set up with jenga, we had customised our game with some dares, which included things like taking a shot if you didn't want to do a certain thing or just drinking in general. We were excited about it to begin with but the more the night went on, the more jealous Dom seemed to get as I continued to joke around with the guys.

"(Y/n), repeat your last sent message to me in a sensual nature." Adam read from the Jenga block. I thought that this was gonna be the easiest date so I went along with it.

"Alright then," I giggled before pulling my phone out of my pocket and looking through my last texts. Funnily enough, it was Dom and I's last conversation, which was a spicy conversation. I moved the screen over to Dom's eyes so he could view it. He chuckled half-heartedly in response, which I thought was strange. Normally, he would have been screaming and laughing at that but not today.

"Ok, this is gonna be a really awkward one for me to read." I admitted, my face already burning up from embarrassment. I tried my best to shake it off and get the dare over with while everyone was staring at me, giggling. Here we go.

"Oh, baby..." I started, "you already know how much I want you. I want your body on top of mine, I want to feel our bodies heat up and stick together as you push yourself inside me—"

"NO! That's enough! That's more than enough!" Dom yelled, clearly annoyed by the fact I was reading out our personal messages. Everyone was laughing hysterically, including myself but when I looked over to Dom, he wasn't even smiling. Did it really upset him that much? My mood suddenly changed, knowing he wasn't comfortable. I scooted over to him and put my arm around his shoulders.

"Can we take a minute outside? You and me?" I asked him. Dom sighed before getting up off the floor and taking my hand to help me up too. No matter how mad Dom is, he's still a gentleman. We both went to walk out of the room before Tom over to us.

"Where you going, you two? That message get you both riled up?" He asked, still laughing.

"Tom, not now. Just give us a minute." I said before walking out of the room and closing the door. When I looked towards Dom, he was sat on the stairs, staring at the floor. I didn't really know what to say to I just walked over to him and sat down next to him. I placed my hand on his thigh and gently rubbed my thumb back and forth, hoping to bring him comfort.

"Why did you do that?" Dom asked. I knew exactly what he was talking about so instead of asking what he meant, I just gave him a straight answer.

"I don't know, Dom. You're usually fine with things like that, we've always been open about our sexual experiences. I just assumed you didn't mind." I explained.

"Well, could you not tell that I'm already pissed off tonight? All you've been doing is flirting with them all. Why don't you flirt with me? You're boyfriend?" As soon as he mentioned the flirting, I knew what this was about.

"What, you think I genuinely mean it? Dom, that's just my way of making conversation with friends. And I always flirt with you. I make a habit of flirting with you more than anyone else. What is it you're trying to get at?" I asked. I had a feeling of where this conversation was heading and I dreaded to hear it but I'd rather Dom say it and get it off his chest then to sit and overthink it.

"I just... I don't know. I feel like you... don't really take interest in me anymore. I just feel left out. Plus, you know how jealous I get. I just don't feel like you don't really... love me anymore." The minute he finished his sentence, both Dom and I burst into tears. I can tell that he didn't want to see it and I damn well didn't want to hear it. All I could think to do was to take my fiancé into my arms and cuddle him as we cried.

"Dom... you know I love you," I started, my words becoming shaky. "I love you more than I've ever loved anyone. You've helped me through everything and I would be completely and utterly stupid to want to be with anyone else. I can't be any more grateful for what you do for me and I love you so much for sticking with me. I can't even describe how much you mean to me. Please never think I don't love you because that's so, so, so far from the truth." As I finished speaking, Dom took his eyes off the floor and focused them on mine before crying harder. He wrapped his muscular arms around my body and squeezed. Not too tight, but tight enough so that I felt secure. I hugged him back from his waist as my face rested between his chest and shoulder. We both continued to cry as we remained in each other's embrace, not really saying a word.

"I'm sorry, (Y/n)... I'm so fuckin' sorry. You know I want to be with you. I want to marry you, have kids with you... grow old with you. I don't want us to be like this." Dom explained, kissing my head between his words.

"I know, Dom. I do too. You don't have to apologise for telling me how you feel. Just know that I love you and I'm not going anywhere." I reassured him, earning a sigh of relief from Dom in response. We continued cuddling for a minute or so before I wanted to go back into the room.

"You wanna go back in? My ass hurts sitting on these stairs." I joked.

"Haha, yeah," Dom giggled, "just as long as you don't leave me out on the flirting."

"Oh you'll get more than just some flirting later, Dominic." I said, winking at my fiancé as he bit his lip and slapped my ass. I giggled in response as I opened the door and walked back into the room with Dom's hand in mine. The rest of the night, I made sure that Dom never felt unloved again. I flirted with him, I kissed him and we stayed cuddling for the rest of the night. We even had dares that we had to do together, some lude, some not. Either way, it made Dom feel more appreciated, which made me happy.

As long as he was happy, I was happy.