My Dad (REQUESTED)

(Y/s)- Your Sexuality

I hadn't been going through the best of times. My father was away on tour and it was just me and mum. My dad has always been my number one. He was supportive when I came out to him as (y/s), he's been there when I've been bullied, the list could go on forever. Me and mum didn't always have the best relationship. She'd take drugs and drink whenever her depression hit, dad was always furious at her for it.

One day, mum's depression hit her really hard. She took ecstasy pills... and a lot of them. She took them with her red wine until she passed out on the floor and stopped breathing. I heard the thud from upstairs while I was in the living room so I quickly ran to check what happened. I saw my mum unconscious on the floor, not breathing, not moving... nothing. I immediately ran over to her, checked for her pulse and because I didn't find one, I called an ambulance. They told me to start doing CPR until the ambulance arrived but I had no luck. I was balling. Tears wouldn't stop leaving my eyes. I was hyperventilating on the phone to the poor woman who took my call. Once the ambulance came, they put her on a stretcher and continued to talk to her and try to get a response. Once in the ambulance, the paramedics hooked mum onto a heart monitor to find a pulse. It was slow. One of them recommended I called my dad and explained the situation, but he was in America, I didn't know if he was asleep or on stage or anything. I still called him though, I had to call a good few times until I got an answer from him.

"Hey kiddo! How's it going?" He shouted energetically through the phone. I, on the other side of the line, was still in tears.

"Dad... it's mum" I admitted through my sobs. "I think she's overdosed herself" There was silence for a moment besides dad's uneven breaths.

"I-I'm... I'm on my way home... where are you right now?" Dad's voice became more frantic.

"In the ambulance with her. They're rushing her to the hospital now" I cried down the phone.

"Is she... alive?" I heard dad's voice choke and tense.

"Barely, dad. You need to hurry and get home"

"I'm on my way, don't you worry. Now, you look after your mum for me until I get back, ok love?" Dad tried to keep me calm.

"I'll try"

"That's my girl. You be safe now, I'll try not to be long"

"O-ok, bye" I rushed off the phone and checked back in with the medics.

~~Time Skip~~

Dom's POV

I sprinted out of the plane and into the taxi rank, then headed straight for the hospital. I couldn't lose her, not my wife. I explained the situation to the driver, making him speed up a bit. Once I reached the hospital, the driver told me not to worry about paying him and to go and see if my wife and daughter is ok. I thanked him, grabbed my bag and jumped out of the cab, ran into the hospital and asked for my wife's name. They lead me to her where I found (Y/N) sitting there, holding her mum's hand.

"... oh god" (Y/N) stood up as she saw me walk in and I immediately gave her a big hug, crying the moment I felt her body heat. She did the same thing, we were both big bundles of tears.

"Hey baby, it's ok. She's gonna be ok, Don't worry" I took my daughter's face into my hands and made eye contact. I then kissed her forehead and walked over to my wife's conscious-less figure.

(Y/N)'s POV:

I was so happy that dad was home and that I had someone to comfort me if things went south. I watched him sit down next to mum and hold her hand.

"Hey, darlin'. I'm home. I came as quick as I could..." He started. He sat silent for a moment.

"Why, babe?... why?" He started to cry harder and he put his head on mum's shoulder. This act made me realise how much was at stake here. Not only was I losing my mum, my dad would lose the love of his life. It made sense, he never left mum for taking drugs or excessively drinking, instead, he tried to help her.

"D-d... Dom?" Said a familiar voice. I looked over to the hospital bed and saw mum open her eyes. They mightn't have been very open, but enough to know she was awake. I watched dad realise then quickly move in to hug her. I stayed put and let them have a moment together.

"Why did you do this to yourself? To me? To... to (Y/N)?!" Dad scolded her, still crying.

"L... listen... I'm not... making it o-out of this... you need to take (Y-Y/N) and t-travel the world with her for me... c-can you do that?" Mum asked the tough question, making me cry again and dad cry harder.

"You are getting out of this... alright? You're gonna be fine, you both can come with me. I won't leave you again, I promise, just stay strong" Dom pleaded. Mum shook her head.

"W-where's my baby girl?" Mum asked weakly. I walked over to mum and sat in the chair dad was in as he moved.

"H-hey baby" Mum lifted her arm and cupped my cheek. I was still crying and she wiped the tears from the side of my face her hand was on.

"Don't leave, mum. Please? Don't leave us"

"M-My time's come, darling. We a-all have a timer in life, i-it's just that n-no one knows when they stop. I-I know that mine stops here... today..." I cried more at her inspiring words. I couldn't believe I was going to lose my mum. I heard the heart monitor slow down as the silence filled the room.

"I-I need you to do something for me..." I look at my mum, who's face remained as white as snow and her eyes had dark rings underneath. I nodded.

"Take... take these... one for you, one for dad... I n-need you both to w-wear them for me... everyday... t-to remind you of me. I-I don't want to be e-erased from your minds. S-So, take them... a-and never take them off" Mum handed me two silver chains with padlocks on them. I studied them as mum continued to speak.

"I'll be b-buried with t-the keys. That's w-what I want... to b-be buried with t-the keys. Can you do that for me?" I nodded still crying. I placed the chains on my lap and looked back at mum. She took my hand into hers and placed them on the bed. Her breaths became slower... a lot more spaced out.

"Dom?" She whispered and held out her other hand. Dad walked over the other side of the bed and took mum's other hand.

"D-don't you t-two e-ever forget me... o-ok?" She continued to whisper. Dad and I, still crying, nodded our heads simultaneously.

"I l-loved you both... s-so much. It d-didn't s-seem like it... but I did... I a-always did... I l-lost my battle... but I-I fought as h-hard as I c-could... b-believe me... y-you two go and kick ass... a-all over t-the world... s-show them w-what y-you're made o-of..."

*beep... beep... beeeeeeeeeeeep...*

I looked up to the heart monitor, the line went flat. I started to panic. I looked back at mum and saw her face become lifeless. All of a sudden, I couldn't breathe... tears overfilled my eyes, my gasps for air strained my throat. I fell off the chair and onto the floor while losing grasp of my mother's frail hand. Dad ran straight over to me and fell to the floor with me. He held me close as we both cried, wishing we could have done more to help my poor mother.

We lost a soldier that night...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow! I cried writing this. How tf do I make myself cry?? 😂 thanks for reading, I'll have the second part up as quick as possible