Chapter thirty four

Start from the beginning

"Yeah..." Anakin murmured like he could already picture the idea in his mind, though after last night he did have more of a clue. My husband to be then shook his head and went back to his childish demeanour, giving me and funny grin and a small embarrassed laugh. "...though you're probably right, wouldn't be the best idea, besides I don't want anyone looking at you that way accept me." He words where so light and yet I could feel just how much he meant the last few. Anakin really was protective.

"Well in that case then I'll save the dresses for you, though I have been thinking I should add some amour to my robes like you and Obi wan have." I responded with thought as I took a couple more sips of my coffee, feeling more awake by the second.

"Already taken care of, I took the liberty of making you a few pieces just in case there wasn't time for you to make any yourself...I didn't know what colours to paint them though I just used something plain with a purple Jedi symbol on the shoulder, hope that's alright." Anakin replied with a slightly shy smile, seeking approval with his words.

"Anakin you made it, of course it's alright, more than alright," I replied with a light hum of laughter at his cute behaviour before placing my mug to the side and walking over, leaning up and placing a quick kiss on his cheek. "Now go get dressed, I'm sure Obi wan spacing the temple looking for the both of us." I joked while giving him a light poke to his chest, noticing how his eyes were still intently sent on me.

"Yes m'am." He laughed, running a hand through my hair playfully before turning and walking away back towards the stairs.

Not to long later we checked out, and I sadly had to say goodbye to the beautiful room and prepare to exchange it once more for the plain barracks and stiff beds of the order.  In Anakins speeder we both remained concealed within our cloaks right through the streets back towards temple, unable to show affection as we stayed under the radar on our way back to the temple, Anakin dropping me towards the back before flying round to park himself in the front bay. Sneaking in I kept my hood up and pulled my cloak close so no one would see the dress as I entered the quiet halls, breathing a sigh of relief as I saw no one around.

"Heyyy (n/n)."

'Holy mother of the force what was that??'

Spinning round on my heels with a bewildered expression I saw none other than young Ari Shimara stood grinning my way having appeared out of no where. I swear this girls more stealthy even than Anakin.

"Hey that's a nice dress, where've you been? Did the nice senator invite you out again?" She spoke up while I was still pondering how she got there or more importantly why she was there. Then suddenly the reality of her question hit and I hummed questioningly before looking down to where my red dress was exposed, cursing myself internally for letting it show.

"Hm? Oh, you mean senator Amidala? No no...this was something else," I replied trying  to lightly brush the question away. The. My brows furrowed and I looked to meet the girls greenish blue ones. "Hang on a second, how do you know about that?" I asked wondering how a youngling like herself had heard about my little lunch with Padmè...and worrying slightly about wether she knew Anakin had been there to.the teenager grinned mischievously and spun over with a flare of dramatics to her movements.

"Duuuh! I know everything!" She exclaimed with a confident grin that would rival Anakins on some days. I swear girl was like a pocket sized version of him: everything from the cocky confidence to the live of racing, really it was amazing they'd never met. Anyway she then chuckled and stepped back to a more casual pose. "...I'm kiddI got of course-well I do know 'most' things but still, I heard from Bynn who heard from his master who was told by his brother that he saw you and the senator heading out together of your rest day-hey how come you didn't visit me? It's been ages since you dropped by class." The girl whined at the end in complaint, her words dancing from word to word enthusiastically with an insurmountable energy. She was adorable true, but the thought process was tiring to watch at such an intense speed. Still, she was very sweet.