Chapter sixty seven

Anakins pov

"All I did was agree with Obi wan - ear or nose it was a good question!" Ari exclaimed beside me still apparently annoyed by the fact I'd held her back while the others rendezvoused with a nearby medical frigate. It was Obi wan that told me to hold her back, Ahsoka was acting perfectly mature but this little one needed some talking to. For the slightly elder of the pair she certainly didn't act it, and usually I wouldn't mind but she'd managed to piss of Luminara and so I had to do something.

"Yeah but you didn't have to grin about it, come on you know that kind of behaviour is frowned upon in public." I replied as we walked off the gunship out into the hanger.

"Yeah but grounding me? Seriously Master I feel like I'm ten again!" The girl exclaimed causing a few heads to turn our way. I sighed and placed a hand to her back, guiding her along towards the hallways before a scene could be caused.

"Ari, go to your room and clean up, I'll be along later to discuss this." I instructed at a lowered whisper while giving her a light push towards the lift so we could head up to the bridge level. I was hoping once we reached our quarters the girl would go off and calm down, some rest would do all of us some good after the intense battle.

"No you won't, you'll be with master (y/l/n), and I'll be all alone with nothing to do." The girl huffed while standing across from me in the lift. I sighed while turning to look her way, seemed we'd be having this conversation. Then again I shouldn't have to explain myself, I'm sure she was just trying to get out of being grounded. And to be fair it was working because honestly I didn't want to be following her round all evening over some silly comment. She was just a kid, did it seriously matter if she slightly insulted a Jedi master.

"Ari listen, behave and stay out of trouble for the rest of the day, I'll even give you your paints back and you can redecorate your fighter however you like - just leave the rest of the ship alone this time." I sighed deciding trying to bargain with her would be better than trying to enforce rules upon her. Rules never had an effect of me growing up, so perhaps this would work better. Turning to face me with her arms still folded she raised a brow showing I clearly had her interest.

"...do I get my sweets back as well?" The girl asked as the lift continued up. I mulled it over for a second knowing full well the chaos saying yes could let loose.

"Don't tell you master." I finally replied while holding a hand out to shake with her in confirmation of the deal. The girl grinned and placed her small hand in nine giving it a shake.

"Pleasure doing business with you master Skyguy." The girl replied just as the door slid open to reveal the the bridge level which also happened to have all our personal quarters down an adjacent corridor.  Sighing I relaxed a bit as I let the teenager run along towards her room, watching as she lifted her amour up over her head as she went. Now at least I could get back to my future wife without needing to worry about anything else today.

I couldn't help but smile to myself as I hurried along towards my quarters, well aware she was waiting for me inside. Just the thought of seeing her again had my heart aglow with joy, I couldn't wait to see her and my child again. Honestly I'm so glad she wasn't terrified about not being able to have an abortion any longer, I understood this could get scary but I'd be with her every step of the way.. however as I got closer I felt another presence, one that made my brows furrow and footsteps grow faster.

On reaching the door I swiftly pressed the panel and burst through the door. My eyes scanned the room swiftly before coming to land on my future wife stood dead central with her hands on her hips. Oh gods what did I do, did I forget our anniversary? No no way, that's coming in a month or so.