Cbapter eighty five

"My love are you ready?" Anakin asked as I stood facing the mirror in our apartment as I fixed my hair and stared upon my dark attire. The black dress Padmè had leant me was elegantly modest and swept right the way down to the floor. This was a solum occasion of course, but we had to remember sadness was not an emotion she would wish us to feel...

"Yes I'm ready, how's Ahsoka?" I asked turning only to see him holding out my coat, with he continued to hold guiding my arms through the sleeves. Anakin in his more formal black robes stood silent for a few moments and simply let out a long sigh. Both of us had taken turns with the baby last night, Ahsoka having stayed with each of us quiet near the whole time. It had been a couple of days now but it seemed being back on Coruscant huff made it all worse for her. They shared a room after it, it was really no wonder she couldn't return to it.

"She went ahead to the temple already, I think she just wanted to spend some time alone before the funeral." Anakin sighed while adjusting the collar of my jacket as I turned to face him, his hand brushing a strand of my hair back behind my ear. He had that sad delicate smile I felt he only ever showed round me when he felt most comfortable to. It appeared Anakin had even done his hair today, neatening out the waves instead of just leaving them in its scruffy mess. He was being extra respectful and comforting today and I very much appreciated it.

"Well that's understandable..." I replied a little sadly as I looked back up to him, looking into those beautiful blue eyes of his, eyes that he shared with our little baby girl. Speaking of whom I already missed that little bundle of curiosity so so much, it hurt not being able to have her around all the time. Yes I could sit with her all night, rock her in my arms until she finally slept, but it wasn't the same. She was mine and Anakin's baby and yet we had to pretend she meant nothing to us. It was going to be so difficult...

"Do you think we should be keeping a closer eye on her? I mean she's only just fifteen, this can't be easy for her, maybe we should think about a therapist?" I questioned as my fiancé wrapped an arm lovingly round my shoulders and began to lead me out towards the door, back out through the living space which had been tidied presumably when Obi wan came round earlier that morning. He always cleaned up when he came round, especially so more recently. He liked to quietly take care of us.

"(Y/n) it's going to be alright, she's got us and we'll take care of her, she's practically part of the family after all." Anakin replied to me giving my shoulder a rub as he kissed the side of my head. He was being so sweet and supportive, my rock to lean on. But then again I remembered that this had to also be hitting him pretty hard, he'd spent another six months with the girls when I'd been gone, and he'd already admitted to me how much it meant to have them around.

As we exited the apartment I was thinking over all these things while clutching at the hem of my coat. Anakin stood behind me locking up, we'd decided to get better security after the last attacks. Looking round the halls I had to close my eyes as I pushed the memories of the two girls rubbing by out my mind, it was just to painful. As I was stood there I heard the door to the right of us open up, meaning a certain senator had stepped out.

"Oh (y/n) honey, here, Ari's missing her mum." I heard the woman say as I turned to face her, smiling as she passed across the little bundle of blankets into my arms. As expected Padmè was wearing an elegant black and grey ensemble, her hair pulled back with some expensive looking piece. My lips curved into a little smile as I took my baby back into my arms. She at least looked happy.

"Thank you," I replied quietly with a sigh, gently rocking the baby girl in my arms. It was soothing, I could just get lost in her curious blue eyes. "Morning sweetie, did you sleep well with daddy last night? Did he sing to you like I told him to?" I questioned lifting my eyes and glancing up towards Anakins face as he turned away from the door.  The man rolled his eyes and gave a low chuckle while walking over and giving my cheek a quick pinch.