Chapter nine

Nightmares

"(Y/n)? (Y/n) are you ok? You're shaking, what's wrong?" The young boy asked the girl with eyes full of care and concern, reaching out and lightly taking hold of her arm as she sat huddled in a ball before him, obscured by the darkness of the nigh...

"(Y/n)? (Y/n) are you ok? You're shaking, what's wrong?" The young boy asked the girl with eyes full of care and concern, reaching out and lightly taking hold of her arm as she sat huddled in a ball before him, obscured by the darkness of the night and the plants that grew nearby.  "Did you have a bad dream or something?"

"...Jedi don't have dreams..." the girl replied while keeping her head down against her knees, her hair falling down over her eyes. Before either of them could speak again the boy moved his hands across onto hers, the warmth lightly radiating from him to her.

"...that's not true...I have them to..." He said softly while moving closer and trying to look up through her hair so his eyes could meet hers.

"Y-you do..?" She asked nervously while lifting her head slightly from her knees, her (e/c) eyes moving up to gaze into his icy hues. The boy nodded softly with a slightly sad, yet relieved look.

"Yeah...I do..." He replies softly while biting his lip slightly from nervousness, eyes momentarily leaving hers before slowly drawing themselves back up again. "...but maybe together, we can get through them?" The youthful boy said with a look of hope, showing a sweet kind of venerability he'd only ever show to her.

"Y-yeah..! Together..." She responded with a sweet and innocent smile, clearly happy with the idea he'd put forward.

"Together then..." He repeater once more, moving her hands up with his and mirroring back her kind smile, forming a sweet child's agreement that would last for years...

I could feel the light pressure slowly lift from my lips, leaving me longing for more and my emotions battled over what they felt was right to do. I stayed perfectly still, feeling my heart race as heat washed over me from Anakins actions and close proximity. This was all so crazy, did Anakin Skywalker really just kiss me...so does he...like me..?

No, I can't think like this, I took an oath to follow the Jedi code, I pledged to follow their laws and codes, I can't just turn my back on that. No attachment, that's what the code says...

"...(y/n), I love you." He said said softly while leaning in towards my ear, his breath running warmly down through my hair. Goosebumps ran down my skin and my breathing hitched for a moment, my brain freezing at his words. This isn't right, we're training to be Jedi...we can't, we can't...

"Anakin..." I replied softly while keeping my head low and placing my hands up on his chest, slowly stepping back away from him. "This...this isn't right, these feelings, Anakin we swore our lives to the Jedi...the code..."