Chqpter twelve

Reminant of the past

Dream

Snow, ice, pale shades of purple and blue, that's what surrounded me, little flakes drifting down all around as I stood, or maybe just watched from the snowy plains. It was strange, I knew this place, and I knew the presence I felt nearby...the warm, reassuring presence...

As the wind blew by against my face I noticed my hair seemed longer, and my attire was a type I'd never worn before, a heavy dark grey dress and fur trimmed cloak. I looked down at my hands, frowning at the phew wrinkles I saw, and...a ring?
Before I could further inspect the anomaly however I saw a flash, the world spinning around me like the twirling snowflakes.

Flashes of blue, green, pink and red filled my sights, but none were clear enough to make out in detail, yet a few words did break through.

Blue
"I will protect you!"

Green
"I fear this is bigger than all of us..."

Pink
"The Jedi are nothing but liars!"

Blue
"Come back to us! Come back to me!"

Red
"Enough! The Jedi betrayed me don't you betray me to!"

I fell to my knees, the cold snow numbing through to my skin as I cradled my head in pain. Everything was so jumbled it was making me breathless. As I cried from the pain I heard someone approach through the snow and crouch by me, wrapping an arm round over my shoulders and holding me close.

...I knew this presence...this warmth it's...

"Nightmares again?"

Anakin...

"...Yes...just like the one I had when..." my voice replied, but it wasn't me speaking...
I felt a light kiss plant itself on to top of my head.

"Don't worry love, it'll get better..." Anakin whispered to me softly, caressing a hand against the side of my face. Then I just seemed to turn and pull myself into his chest, burying my tears in the chest area of his jacket, crying my heart out for reasons I was really quite unsure of.

Dream ends

Barely awake I wriggled among the sheets, feeling disorientated and confused from my strange dream. Lying there I felt strong and warm arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me right at holding me in a tight yet comfortable hold. This has to be the most content I've felt in a long time waking up, not feeling sad lonely or scared for once. I could hear steady breathing behind me followed by a deep breath, I guess Anakin had woken up. His hands rubbed against my stomach as he leant in, kissing my neck sweetly. I tilted my head to the side and hummed out a sigh, still keeping my eyes closed as the kisses traveled along a scattered line up my neck. This had to be the most perfect morning in existence, just me and Anakin, resting with out the need to rush away any time to soon.