Chapter ninety seven

"...this isn't going to work." I spoke up while observing my fiancé for the fourth minute since he'd walked in wearing the provided attire for our mission. The attire considerably lacking, and by that I mean he had no shirt and trousers that, well let's just say they were light enough that when he moved I could see everything. I mean everything. We were certainly going to have to discuss that before leaving but that was besides the point. He looked less like a slave more like a tribal god, and me? Well I just looked ridiculous. Anakin looked up and across to me, piercing blue eyes meeting mine with a shine.

"Why's that my dear?" He asked in a honey sweet voice that flowed through my mind like the finest silk. Oh he knew exactly what this was doing to me. The cheeky devil was purposefully trying to tease me and of course it was working. His muscled practically flustered in the ships low lights, I swear he must use moisturiser or something because no ones skin glow that brightly without product. Then against he really was that gorgeous naturally it wouldn't really surprise me. I rolled my eyes and walked over.

"This: even with the cha he of clothes it still seems like you should be selling me not the other way round, I mean come on Anakin, I could never beat you in strength alone," I pointed out gesturing between us as we stood there in the back of the gunship. Obi wan and Ahsoka were up in the cockpit giving us the space to change though I think both of them were just afraid to enter incase something else was going on in here. Anakin chuckled and stepped behind me as I checked myself in the mirror, wrapping his arms round my waist and propping his chin atop my head. "Maybe I should switch with Obi wan: I'm more a stealth person...I'm not sure I'd appeal to slavers..." I sighed while adjusting the various buckles and straps of the amour I'd been placed in. Supposedly I was meant to be a syndicate bounty Hunter looking to talk out a treaty with the queen. In theory it was a good plan, I had the knowledge to pull it off just not the looks nor confidence that came with being someone so devoid of morals. I caught Anakin give a frown I the reflection and felt and he used his hand to turn me round so we were facing.

"(Y/n) slavers would love you: that's exactly why I want to keep you away from them, your off limits this way and that's exactly how I want it." He explained resting his hands on my shoulders and maintaining a steady eye contact as he learnt closer until his forehead was gently pressed to mine and our noses touched lightly. I gave small smile from his protective nature though I still wasn't feeling all to confident about my role. If something went wrong it would be Anakin that got hurt, I don't think I could bare that. Ever since I'd known him Anakin had had scars, he never talked about them but they were easy to recognise. Whip lashes, long red lines that ran fainting down his back telling me his past without needing for words.

"I get that Anakin I just don't want to mess up: I'm afraid of loosing you..." I admitted with a heavy sigh dipping my eyes down for a brief moment before feeling his hand move to lightly claps my jaw.  With a gentle grip he tilted my head so that I was facing him once more and our eyes could meet again, his warm breath washing over my cheeks as his gaze softened.

"Love you don't need to worry about that: I'll never leave you," he whispered while gently dropping his hands down and pulling me towards his chest in a warm embrace. Resting my head against his shoulder I let out w long sigh as he pressed a kiss to my forehead and held my upper torso in the grip of his strong arms. "I'm always going to be here for you (y/n): all your life, you never need to worry about I thing okay? I'll protect you from anything the galaxy throws our way." He added, stroking his fingers through my hair as I let my eyes close for just a minute. I enjoyed these little moments we got and always felt I should savour them even though technically we could be as close as we liked now. Still, I couldn't have complete faith in Anakin's words - don't get me wrong, I wanted to. However with his relationship with the Chancellor knowing what I know I still worried he'd become manipulated by the dark side. Palpatine had tempted him before when he had nightmares of me dying, I highly doubt he'd stop trying now.