7. 🎭THE MASQUERADE ROMANCE🎭

Start from the beginning

I moved my hands through the ancient books, admiring how beautiful the covers looked. 'AHA! Found it' said Emily triumphantly, 'Guess I didn't need you after all'. I sat down near the handstand of the armchair Emily was sitting on. We read it for hours....
The battles of the elves alongside dwarfs against the orcs. How the council had once created peace among all living creatures and banished the orcs for good. How humans became selfish and tried to destroy everything created for the perspective of peace. Lady Lavinia's death, she was supposedly the First woman ruler of the Council.

'Its late we have to get ready now' I said to Emily. She looked at the huge hourglass at the centre of the library. 'Yes we have to hurry' she said banging the book closed and placing it securely among the shelves. We rushed outside and met Luthiann. She crossed her hand at us. Both I and Emily looked at each other. 'We forgot we were supposed to meet you Luthiann' I said apologetically. 'Yeah we're sorry' Emily said twice as apologetically. Luthiann shrugged and said 'Well I was really tired myself so I guess it's fine, aren't you supposed to get ready now?'. We nodded and ran to our own bedrooms.

The maiden elves were waiting for me. They tidied me up and helped me wear the brilliant midnight blue gown. They combed my hair and made a bun on the centre leaving all behind. I was given a small necklace and a purple stone piece was hanging at the centre. 'What is this?' I asked the elven maiden who put the necklace on my neck. 'A gift from Aran Faeranduil, made from the best amythest found on the whole universe' she said gracefully.

 'A gift from Aran Faeranduil, made from the best amythest found on the whole universe' she said gracefully

I touched the piece with awe. It's so....wonderful. I will thank Faerunduil for such kindness he showed to us from the beginning. I beamed at the ladies and they looked at me adoringly.

It was night. An elven boy rushed to each room and said that we were to be expected downstairs when the dance is about to begin. All the ladies got ready and we were being marched to a big hall that was covered by a big velvet curtain, that obscured what was behind it.

Emily grasped my hand nervously. I was having jitters too. I was taking deep breaths but nothing was working. The other ladies were chattering and we were able to hear thousands voices from behind the curtains. Oh....when people told me it was a big occasion I didn't know it was such a big deal.

'Such a big deal barely covers the truth' Emily said to me, 'What?' I said my voice trembling. 'I asked my elf maiden who were all coming and she said the dwarfs of Narivera and Thongilum were to be expected along with the whole members of the council. Not to mention the Elves of all society'. Hearing that my knees gave away. The lady elf next to me and Emily pulled me up by the arm. 'Wow you were not kidding. You really are highly strung' said Emily steadying me.

From behind the curtain we heard an agelic and powerful voice of Faeranduil. 'People of the Great universe. Welcome. Welcome to our humble preparation for uniting the broken realms and people. We were scattered and of different places and kind even if we were to be one. The great battle that took place long ago broke all our people but bonded us in strength and trust. We together here stand STRONG. POWERFUL. AND ONE' boomed Faeranduil. "HEAR, HEAR!!" Yelled the people. It brought shivers. The people were strong and I admired the unity of their world.