"You have nothing to be insecure about." Brenda reached for her hand for some support. "You look beautiful and Chris is crazy about you."

"Yeah... a toned Ellie. Not this round Ellie..." She muttered.

"Ellie!" Brenda exclaimed. "You are expecting a child! You look beautiful and Chris loves you. That man just freaking adores you with all that he is."

"Well..." Ellie puffed and rolled her eyes again. "I have to get my shit together." She clapped then and smiled. "Let us change the subject. How's things between you and Ralph." She asked while grabbing the cart again.

"Finally you know his name." Brenda giggled, grabbing the other cart. They both started going through it. "He is fine. I think we have something good going on."

"So, maybe..." Ellie raised her eyes above the cart to look at her. "It is time for you to officially introduce him to your friends."

"I guess." Brenda agreed. "I am in love with him." She confessed. "I have never had this type of connection before. It feels right, you know?"

"I know." Ellie giggled and nodded at the same time. "I felt like that when Chris and I started dating."

"Oh..." Brenda laughed. "Do I have that insistent glitter in my eyes?" They both started laughing loud. "You were so in love with him. It was written all over your face."

"I am still in love with him that much." Ellie told her.

"I am in love with Ralph." Brenda affirmed. "I know I am..."

Ellie laughed. "I noticed that." Then, she nodded. "Oh yeah... I am going to have this steak au poivre... sounds delicious."

"I am going with the one with cream sauce." Brenda decided.

They both closed the cart at the same time and rested it on the table and stared at one another.

"So, Chris is leaving in a couple of days..." Brenda commented. "The tour is about to start."

"Yeah... and probably that woman is going with them." Ellie muttered.

"Ellie!" Brenda exclaimed. "That..." She pointed her index finger at her. "That look of concern that I know is jealousy does not make sense at all."

"It kind of does..." Ellie defended her cause. "He had a thing with her." She recalled.

"I refuse to talk about that." Brenda laughed which caused Ellie to laugh to.

"You cannot refuse me things. I am your best friend and you are mine. You are supposed to cope with me, support me." She pretended to sound indignant but snickering at the same time. "You have to be on my side. I cannot stand her."

"Not on this particular subject, no..." Brenda shook her head and they both laughed. "You know it does not make sense."

"It kind of does." She insisted, but Brenda interrupted her.

"Chris did not have a thing with her." She affirmed looking in Ellie's eyes. "He met you. He fell in love with you. He married you and he is having a child with you. Ellie..." Brenda frowned. "Come on..."

"I can't help it." She rolled her eyes again. "I cringe every time I see her or hear her name." She paused and then shivered. "Just to think of her it gives me the chills."

Brenda threw her head back laughing. "Chris was naïve to tell you he slept with her once."

"The way she looks at him..." Ellie muttered. "I got her all figured out. She doesn't fool me."

"Hey!" Brenda clapped her fingers in front of her eyes. "He is married to you!" She affirmed. "To you." Then, she saw a shadow coming in their direction. "Look... the waitress is coming." Brenda warned her so they stopped talking.