Chapter 9

It was dark and the night was rather chilly. A cold breeze was blowing and penetrated his clothes and skin freezing all his bones, but he had to have a smoke and the balcony was the only possible place now. He would not smoke around the house with Ellie pregnant. Chris had just taken a shower for they had spent the entire afternoon in bed and they should leave to meet their friends at the club. He had put on his dry green jeans rolled up over his red boots and a black sweater. His hair was still a bit wet though some dry strands flew disorganized in the air as the breeze blew gently on his face. The cigarette between his fingers was burning fast, his fingers were also cold. While observing the dark park in front of their building, he took a drag on his cigarette and quietly blew the smoke away. He was waiting for Ellie to be ready. The sky was clean and the moon was keeping him company, together with zillions of bright stars. Just like Ellie, he too loved to gaze at the sky, especially at the moon. It fascinated him. Lost, with his mind wandering while quietly smoking, he felt a pair of arms wrapping around his waist and he instantly smiled.

"It's freezing here." She told him burring her nose against his back and squeezing her body tight against his.

Chris threw the butt of the cigarette away and turned around to face her. "Are you ready?" He asked her sweetly. "Hum..." He cupped her face within his hands and rubbed his nose on hers. "You look so stunning, as always." Chris told her, noticing her mascara and eyeliner that enlightened the gray of her eyes. Then, he kissed her lips.

"You know how to sweet talk." She giggled and he laughed.

"Maybe..." He smiled and took a better look at her.

Ellie had braided her hair. Two long black braids crossing over her shoulders and falling down her chest and reaching her belly. She was wearing a red tight dress that reached above her knees and black Converse All Star on her feet. Her little baby bump calling for attention. It would be impossible to hide it under the dress she was wearing, but they didn't have to hide it anymore and he was dying to share the news.

"Chris?" Ellie snapped her fingers in front of his eyes to take him out of his trance and he smiled shyly at her. "What were you thinking?"

"That I love you so much sweet girl." He breathed and glued his lips on hers.

Then, he pulled away and Chris took another look at her. His eyes fell on her round breasts perfectly shaped under the tight dress and he smiled mischievously at her. Then, he grabbed her hand, and made her turn around. Ellie giggled and he smiled joyfully. When she was face to face with him again, he wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her against his body, surrounding her waist with both arms right after.

"Absolutely gorgeous." He kissed her lips wetly and lingered for a few seconds. "Can we go?" He then asked, looking in her gray eyes and caressing her cheek with his hand. Another peck because he could never get enough of her.

"Yes, we can." She confirmed. "I just need to put on a coat and grab my purse."

"Ok." He said pulling away but holding her hand.

Chris and Ellie entered their living room and Ellie ran the double glass window closed. She also pulled the curtains while Chris was putting on his black leather jacket. A few seconds after, she joined him near the hanger and grabbed the black coat she had worn that morning, but instead of her regular purse, she grabbed the little one that crossed over her shoulder, falling down across her torso, and resting a little below her waist. Inside, she'd only have her wallet and the keys.

"Chris, do you have the keys to your car?" She asked him before closing the door.

It was usual for him to forget the keys inside and they would have to go back to grab it. Chris searched inside the pockets of his jeans and then the side pockets of his jacket and pulled it off.