Chapter 8

Two weeks later...

Chris looked at the clock above the fridge. "Ellie!" He called out loud. "We are gonna be late!"

"I am almost done." She responded.

Chris got up from the stool and took his second cup of coffee, now emptied, to the dish washer. When he was closing the door, Ellie entered the living room.

"I am here." She breathed as if she had been running. Even her cheeks were a little rubberized.

"You haven't been walking around fast or anything even close to it, right?" Chris asked approaching her.

"No." She said looking in his blue eyes as he become really near. "What are you doing?" She smiled pulling her face away.

"Kissing you." He responded shooting her a shy smile but bending over her again.

"We are late remember?" She still strayed.

Chris wrapped a hand around her waist and pulled her to him. "I know..." He then kissed her lips. "But a few seconds now won't make any difference."

"Can we go now?" She smiled and kissed his lips right after. "God... I love these lips of yours..." She breathed against them and Chris giggled, slapping her ass lightly.

"Frisky Ellie... let's go." Chris pulled away and then looked down at her. "You look..." He paused to rake her from toe to head and back. "Hot..." He finally said.

Ellie turned on her heels giggling, showing him her black dress. It reached above her knees, accentuating all her curves. Her long legs covered in black tights too and a pair of red boots that he had once bought for her. He adored how feminine she was and despite what she was wearing, she always looked great, at least to his eyes. Being so insecure, he never thought a girl like her would look at a guy like him. Ellie was stunning. Most guys in that New Year's Eve were trying to get her attention but she had turned it only to him.

"I bought it a couple of days before the accident. My bump was not so prominent at the time. It has swollen these two weeks." She laughed looking down at her not flat belly anymore.

"It looks beautiful." He smiled. "Actually, I cannot wait to walk around showing off this belly that we made."

"Aww..." She pecked him. "That is so lovely, babe."

"Now..." He held her hand. "Let's go."

They stopped near the hanger so Chris could put on his leather jacket and Ellie her black coat that she immediately ran the zipper up. The coat ended with a turtle neck that made Chris giggle.

"I don't think it is that cold." He told her.

"I bet it is!" She argued, pulling her pony tail from inside the coat and setting it free. "You look hot too, mister." Ellie then added as Chris opened the door. "Now that I am taking a better look at you... wow..." She bit her lower lip and Chris started to laugh. "Christopher..." She added in the end.

"Christopher... that sounds promising." He looked back as she closed the door to their apartment.

"You bet." She told him while locking the door. Then, she threw the keys inside her bag. "As soon as we are done with the doctor... we are coming home... that phone goes off..."

"Ugh..." He groaned as he pulled her for a peck. "I cannot wait. These must have been the two longest weeks ever."

"And you had benefits." Ellie curled an eyebrow looking in his eyes.

"I will make it up to you." He kissed her one more time. "Now... let's go." He held her hand.

They descended the stairs from their first floor carefully for they didn't know what Ellie's result was going to be, so they proceeded with all caring even then. Ellie's car was parked right in front of the building, while Chris's was a bit further for he had arrived late from rehearsal. They chose her car due the proximity. Ellie owned a black Land Rover Defender that had been a present from her father. Chris helped her hop inside and closed the door after and Ellie watched him go around the car to go to the drivers seat. His hair was tied up and his earrings shone as the sun rays hit on it. He had left the boots home that day to wear a pair of black sneakers. He still rolled his blue jeans up though, two folds. A black buttoned shirt under the leather jacket.