"W-what's Rohi?" I questioned once I sat inside.

Vanessa only hummed for a few seconds, never giving me the answer. I suppose it wasn't the time for me to know, and I wasn't going to check it - I wanted to hear it from her.

"You know... I love how you are opening up to me, it makes me feel rather special," she broke the comfortable silence that fell upon us during our drive to the library.

Shocked by her confession I snapped my head towards her. She kept her focus on the road but bit her plump bottom lip in the process. She felt special? Those were my words...

I played with the side of my coat before getting the courage to speak up.

"T-the way y-y-you look at me... m..makes me f-feel the same," I stammered embarrassed, looking away, feeling her gaze upon me.

She didn't comment further, and soon we arrived at our destination. Vanessa sure knew how to prevent me from overthinking and worrying about the new job. Instead, she made me flustered and dizzy, with as little as a whisper to my ear.

"So, I told Ann everything I knew, but if there is something she does or makes you uncomfortable, which she probably will, please let me know," Dark-headed beauty urged me before entering the building. She sure didn't hold much confidence in her friend. She actually appeared worried, but surely her friend wasn't going to be all that bad.

She hesitated for a second before adding. "I apologize, it's just... I don't want you to have another panic attack, it makes me worried," she admitted with a weak voice.

My heart aching at her confession, and lips curving upwards ever so slightly.

What I planned to be a quick 'thank you' hug, became a much longer embrace. Ms. Jones had to be around six feet in her heels, while I stood proud five foot five. My face was perfectly situated in the crook of her neck, while my hands were holding onto her shirt preventing her from doing anything.

As confident as she was, she always ensured I was the one to control those little interactions of ours. Perhaps she didn't want to scare me away or upset me, but I wish she would take the lead. Quite frankly I was more than ready for her to take control – I trusted her.

"Well... Isn't this nice," a high-pitched voice made me whimper and move away from Vanessa.

A redheaded woman was leaning against the library door with a smirk plastered on her face.

"Whatever," Vanessa rolled her eyes and pushed who I assume was her friend to the side, before entering the building.

The petite woman chuckled and shook her head. "I'm Ann, the best boss you will ever have," she exclaimed happily and observed me thoroughly. "No wonder... you sure are a beauty," she muttered under her nose.

"OH, fuck no!" Vanessa whisper shouted from behind, grabbing her friend to the side. "You promised..." she began her quiet rant, which I decided not to pay attention to. She clearly didn't want me to hear it.

I took the time to observe the library. The renovation sure made this place look different; the layer of the walls was removed exposing red brick in the process - I liked the change.

All the bookshelves were empty and visibly repainted to a nice chestnut color. Ann had to also change the lightning to the yellow lightbulbs, which gave out a nice warmth to the area because I didn't recall them being here before.

I admit it looked good, of course, there were hundreds of boxes spread around the place among with some painting equipment and other stuff, but the biggest changes were already made.