𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝟻𝟷|𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝙻𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝙼𝚎, 𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎

Start from the beginning

As my mind continued to supply me with more questions from all the things that she just dropped one after another, I snapped back to earth with Bright brushing the pad of his thumb on my cheek.

"Are you okay, babe?"

"Yeah? Uhm, excuse me?" I turned my attention to the lady. "But, what is that machine that you dragged here inside my room?" I pointed behind her.

The lady looked at me first and then Bright alternately, before pulling the machine closer to the bed. She then turned it on and gave me another one of those smiles that I find creepy and weird at this moment. I whimpered and Bright pacified me with gentle rubs on my stomach.

"Did I scare you? I'm sorry. This is an ultrasound machine," she paused and looked at Bright. "Uhm...can we start?"

"Yes, I'm actually excited," Bright beamed at her and for a moment, I think I just rolled my eyes hearing my mate being giddy with a woman. My eyes landed on the doctor and wild things went inside my brain until Bright squeezed my hand in a comfortable manner.

'What are you thinking about?' He mind-linked with me and I furrowed my brows in the middle.

'Why are you being too friendly with the woman?"

'Cause she's a doctor and I've been talking to her since you were brought here in the hospital.'

Unconsciously, I growled at Bright and felt my eyes change to amber making him look at me with confusion. I then looked at the woman who was just standing there and probably waiting for us to finish our discussion. My eyes landed on her name tag.

Dr. Fang

"Okay, could you please lift up his gown?" She asked Bright who gave me a small smile before doing what he was told to do. He carefully pulled the blanket down and lifted my gown just enough for my stomach to be exposed.

Dr. Fang then spread a gel on top of my abdomen making me tweak from the cold. I glanced at Bright before I looked at the female, and the ultrasound transducer in the air that was almost on my abdomen.

"I think you're in the wrong room."

She looked at me with an unamused expression plastered all over her face from what I said. And then she directed her eyes at Bright making me grip on his wrist tightly - I don't like it when she keeps on looking at my mate. Midnight kept on scratching inside of me, wanting to be let out with the amount of attention that the female had been giving Bright.

I don't like this feeling at all.

"Sorry, can you give us a minute? I just need to talk with my mate," Bright insisted on the lady who then made her way into the living room.

"What is it?" I asked Bright with annoyance.

"No, I should he the one asking that question. Why are you allowing your wolf to take over you momentarily? What's the matter? What's provoking Midnight to resurface? You did that twice already, but this one lasted a little longer. What's happening??"

I froze and looked anywhere but him. "You're too friendly with the female. And I didn't like how you sounded giddy while talking with her."

"Female? The doctor? I told you, she's your Doctor and she's here to make sure that you're okay. Wait, was this because of Rose? Are you thinking that I am cheating on you or something? Babe..."

I pursed my lips tight. "Sorry."

"Babe," Bright sighed. "I was here the whole time with you even in your sleep. I never left you. How can I go around banging hoes when my mind is filled with only thoughts of you? Babe, whatever you're thinking in that brain of yours is wrong. Okay? That female is a doctor that I only talk with to ask for your progress. She had been keeping an eye out on you since the start that's why I trust her."